Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

A

AquaAlex1993

That's would be great!!! We've learned not to count our chickens so soon though :/
True, but I pray that both our teams win so that we get to actually enjoy the World Series.
Because lately, with the exception of last year because my favorite NL team is the Cubs, but the rest of them after 2009 haven't been exciting for me, none of the teams I cheered on made it..

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Some of you may have seen this already, I just saw it for the first time today, and it made my day!!! :D enjoy :)
Hahaha omg that's great! :D I was having a crap as hell day until I seen that lmao!!!

Hello; Last night there was a thread that is now gone. I forget the OP but she went off on us fish keepers with some off the wall rants. PETA being a main portion. The thread seemed destined to be removed.
Question for those who followed and/or posted on that thread; did the OP get banned as well? Also did any of the later rants outdo the first few. I especially was taken with the part about praying before walking on grass.
I am afraid I stopped and tried to watch a baseball game during which I fell asleep.
Awww I missed it. :( That sounds like it would have been quite entertaining to say the least...

Praying before walking on grass?! I suppose I should've prayed for the bouquet I took in to hospital for my friend too? Anyone who believes in the Big Man would assume he has better things to do than answer prayers for grass :rolleyes:

I'm all for the belief that our species doesn't/shouldn't hold the right to knowingly make other species' suffer - even food items should be killed "humanely" where possible.. But damn praying for grass is to far, next time I get called 'extreme' or the like I'm just going to laugh, by the sounds of it I've got nothing on this girl! :eek:

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
sounds like it would have been quite entertaining to say the least...
hello; yes it was entertaining, at least to me at the time. The rants were to far out in the deep end to be taken seriously. I am afraid I tried to bait her into writing more as I wanted to see just how far into the radical weeds she would go.
I know there is an army of animal rights types on a crusade fueled by their own imaginations. Fishing is cruel. Eating meat is cruel. Hunting is cruel. Keeping pets is cruel and so on. Where many of the these type crusaders are not so clearly as radical as this particular person, they are on the same train.
We have had a few threads in this fish forum with a back and forth about the ethics of fish keeping. I do not recall any other members here being anywhere near as radical as that particular member.
I think she got her points across very clearly and bluntly.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I think she got her points across very clearly and bluntly.
But did she though? I was under the impression that to get a point across, one first has to have other people listening to their point. :D

Why do I always miss the fun threads? haha

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
But did she though? I was under the impression that to get a point across, one first has to have other people listening to their point. :D

Why do I always miss the fun threads? haha
Hello; I guess what I mean is that she was very clear about where she stands. Nothing vague. I was not left in any doubt that in her eyes I am a bad, bad, bad person. Almost as bad as Hendre maybe.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Hello; I guess what I mean is that she was very clear about where she stands. Nothing vague. I was not left in any doubt that in her eyes I am a bad, bad, bad person. Almost as bad as Hendre maybe.
What the hell did poor Hendre do?! Haha gosh I wish I'd gotten to see it all unfold, especially of she was claiming people like Hendre are "bad" people...
Who am I kidding, of course they're bad people, what with their low stock levels, regular maintenance and dedication to the critters in their care... Surely that right there is the definition of a 'horrible' person. :rolleyes: :p

Disclaimer: the second bit should be read with as much sarcasm as you can imagine. :D

Post Script: I don't think you're a bad person S skjl47 if that makes you any feel better... Probably not but oh well. :)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
What the hell did poor Hendre do?! Haha gosh I wish I'd gotten to see it all unfold, especially of she was claiming people like Hendre are "bad" people
Hello; Actually Hendre did nothing and was not mentioned at all. I just threw that out as a joke because I know you and Hendre are friends.
I think Hendre may have a few more aquariums and other animals than I do. So in her vision about us fish/pet keepers I guess those who have more pets, eat more meat, have a bigger lawn, are farmers and so on are the bigger bad guys. I do a little bit of everything she railed against and so am a bad guy for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store