Piraiba shirt

Would you be interested in purchasing similar shirts?

• Total voters

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
Figured this was the best place to post since the most interested members would likely be lurking in the catfish section for this particular design. I've been working on a bunch of designs for my company and this was the first release with our logo. Black tri-blend t-shirt (read as: very soft and doesn't shrink) with white vinyl graphics front and back of a Piraiba with the Conquest Outdoors logo. Several other fishing and hunting related designs are in production currently and include Paddlefish, Goonch, Alligator Gar, Peacock Bass, Longear Sunfish, and Arctic Char to name a few.

Trying to gauge interest for a full production run so if anyone is interested please let me know via PM/reply or through the Facebook/Etsy page for Conquest Outdoors. There are stickers up now on there and shirts/koozies will be shortly as production allows.

conquestoutdoorspiraibashirt.jpg

Last edited:

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Cool idea, but honestly if I didn't know it was supposed to be a catfish, I might miss it. It doesn't particularly scream piraiba to me, either.

I'm not trying to be mean, just giving honest feedback on the idea.

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
I appreciate the honesty no offense taken at all. Several of the other designs are a lot more obvious, pics attached. This is why I wanted to get some of the pictures out there for real world feedback before mass producing anything. The stickers I posted were the first trial run too and there have been revisions on some of them for clarity and brightness before I'd be 100% happy with them.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
This is the v2 Longear Sunfish art
4.jpg
This is the Peacock Bass art
5.jpg

Reactions: Chicxulub

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I am with Chicx. To me, the pic is hard to decipher that it's a catfish, not to mention any particular species.

The fish colors and patterns are attractive IMHO. The black and white simplistic drawings I don't particularly dig.

Just honest feedback, Trent. Hope to help yah.

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
Maybe if you did the Piraiba in a similar way you did the gar, pbass, etc.? That would be awesome.

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
I am with Chicx. To me, the pic is hard to decipher that it's a catfish, not to mention any particular species.

The fish colors and patterns are attractive IMHO. The black and white simplistic drawings I don't particularly dig.

Just honest feedback, Trent. Hope to help yah.
Appreciate the feedback sir. The plan is to have the more colorful ones sublimation printed onto white 75% polyester performance style fishing shirts where it will be as true to the art as possible and won't fade like it would screen printing full color pics on standard 100% cotton or tri-blend. Something like the Columbia long sleeve or Pelagic performance line. I ran a single white long sleeve with the Piraiba art and the Conquest Outdoors script logo down the sleeve and after some hard use in Suriname the black ink had faded substantially and that particular brand of shirt shrunk massively so I nixed that brand for something that is true to size and softer. That was also the standard style and not sublimation printed ink or the vinyl like what is on the black shirt that is holding up great at 20+ washes with zero wear thus far.

Almost all of the designs will be available in stickers to throw some swag on your cooler/insulated cup/rear window of truck/car etc. There's a few Gar stickers on trucks roaming TX/GA at the moment actually and I've got the Elk sticker on my truck as well.

Maybe if you did the Piraiba in a similar way you did the gar, pbass, etc.? That would be awesome.
I thought about that but generally only did "skin" style images if they were more vibrant fish to begin with. I did a Gar version with the skin over the state of TX and overall it was just meh, ended up sticking with the plain white/black for visibility. I have a Fogo Peacock Bass version of that same image and then would like to get a nice Tiger Trout version at some point as well as probably a slight change to the font to fatten it up a bit for better visibility. Also working on an Opah because the skin looked cool even though most people won't know what it is and a Mola Mola but need something cooler than the skin for it's background.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store