Piranha vs channa

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It would not be as bad if a large six inch goldfish was dropped into a tank housing either of those speciesof fish as the goldfish would be eaten.....rather gruesomly,but that is how those fish eat their prey....again,not the same as an aquatic gladiatorial deathmatch.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It would not be as bad if a large six inch goldfish was dropped into a tank housing either of those speciesof fish as the goldfish would be eaten.....rather gruesomly,but that is how those fish eat their prey....again,not the same as an aquatic gladiatorial deathmatch.
This is nothing new as youtube has plenty of videos of snakeheads and other species of fish destroying other fish that people have posted just for shock value.

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
Just to be clear I don't agree with the gladiatorial deathmatch but the only difference from a 6" goldfish and a rhom is that the rhom has a chance to fight back. I feel like its basically the same thing. I could even buy it if you said a 1" feeder that gets swallowed whole but in this hobby we do all manner of questionable fish keeping. The ******* aggressive cichlid that kills all of its tankmates. The catfish that eats somebody supposedly to big to be eaten. Stuff like that happens and we don't bat an eye.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What good is a one inch goldfish to someone who has a very large predatory fish? Most of us do a little more than bat an eye when one fish eats ir hurts another that it was not "supposed to".

Mighty Wizard

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2017
Everywhere
I would definitely bat both eyes.

Anyway, making fish fight and kill each other for ****s and giggles would be enough to classify anyone as a ****ty person in my book.

Reactions: Atfownz

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I would definitely bat both eyes.

Anyway, making fish fight and kill each other for ****s and giggles would be enough to classify anyone as a ****ty person in my book.
This.

I honestly don't get the whole thing about cats and dogs. Yes they are skinned alive sometimes and that's horrible but I don't see the huge thing about eating them in the end. Rather hypocritical if you eat other meats...

The video was just weird, I think the fish were put together to fight and nothing else.

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
well at least the piranha held its own and at least to the point of the end of the video no fish was hurt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store