5 sided plywood tank?!

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
You're probably sick of hearing it by now but my gosh you've done an amazing job building that tank! I'd need at least 30 years more practice before I could do anything even remotely this cool.

I also love the cut off corner, it adds a touch of 'class' to the tank, almost elegant if that's not a weird description. :D

... Is it odd that one of the first things I noticed about this pic was the reflection of the smaller tank? :p
Thanks so much! Can't say I ever get sick of compliments! Lol. That build was much easier than you would think. I spent a long time planning and kinda built the tank in my mind several times before actually starting it. I watched several builds on YouTube and read through some build threads on MFK. King of DIY joey02 joey02 was a big help for sure, along with many others. I put my own ideas to work as well. The 5 sided aspect definitely makes this tank unique, and I'm glad I was forced to do it this way. It's actually my favorite part of this tank!

Reactions: Kittiee Katt

Zex Marquis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
How' the tank holding up bfn? Looking at a possible future build with some similarities. Any changes you would have made throughout the build if you had to do it again?

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Zex Marquis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
Glad to hear. I purchased an older 265 about a year or so ago. Contemplating using the glass on a plywood build once we move next year. May have to bug you a bit for some advice lol

Reactions: Bigfishnut

PapHater

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Idaho
How do you like the side viewing panel? I'm thinking of doing a large flat back hex tank but no one local has that style of tank so I'm trying to imagine if the angled side pieces are just a novelty or actually add something to the viewing experience.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
How do you like the side viewing panel? I'm thinking of doing a large flat back hex tank but no one local has that style of tank so I'm trying to imagine if the angled side pieces are just a novelty or actually add something to the viewing experience.
Mine definitely is functional. I can see the angled panel from my livingroom and can watch my rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store