Flowerhorns mating or fighting ?

Cj cadle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2017
How do I know if my flowerhorns are mating or fighting .. the seemed to lock lips for a long time

IMG_0808.PNG

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
depends on the fight.. After the male dominates the female at the lip lock, the male either will seduce her if he likes her.. if not he will beat her around the tank. Depend on their behaviors.. But if they keep figthing, you should separate until the male is big enough for her to just give in.

Cj cadle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2017
depends on the fight.. After the male dominates the female at the lip lock, the male either will seduce her if he likes her.. if not he will beat her around the tank. Depend on their behaviors.. But if they keep figthing, you should separate until the male is big enough for her to just give in.
He doesn't chase her around she's actually the agressor sometimes

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
He doesn't chase her around she's actually the agressor sometimes
I think she’s might have eggs.. you should divide them and feed him more until he’s bigger stronger.. or let him kick her ass in place , might be rough but that’s how it goes when they are close to even match.. some do it peacefully though. I say let Him get it he’s bigger than her

Reactions: TheLastKon

Cj cadle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2017
I think she’s might have eggs.. you should divide them and feed him more until he’s bigger stronger.. or let him kick her ass in place , might be rough but that’s how it goes when they are close to even match.. some do it peacefully though. I say let Him get it he’s bigger than her
They've been digging holes in the gravel and fighting off my pleco if he comes out of the boat lol

Cj cadle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2017
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0871.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store