Shoaling Fish or Ery tank

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks for all the help. At this point I'm thinking a group of pims or clown loaches for bottom dwellers. I'm still interested in a school of tetras of some sort but am floating around the idea of a group of acestros, which would rule out the possibility of any tetras in the tank.
Can keep cudas but will need to go with larger tetras like some Africans tetras. clown loaches will be a good option. Ornate pimelodus will be another good option. Great school and active. Jeff rapps get ornates on his stock list much more frequent than other importers. Large sized ones would be the best.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks for all the help. At this point I'm thinking a group of pims or clown loaches for bottom dwellers. I'm still interested in a school of tetras of some sort but am floating around the idea of a group of acestros, which would rule out the possibility of any tetras in the tank.
Can keep cudas but will need to go with larger tetras like some Africans tetras. clown loaches will be a good option. Ornate pimelodus will be another good option. Great school and active. Jeff rapps get ornates on his stock list much more frequent than other importers. Large sized ones would be the best.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Well unfortunately tankmates have not gone well. I have found my ery to be quite ferocious. He has mauled both a H. Multipsinosa and an A. Rivalutus. I woke up to find the head of the GT on the filter intake this morning. He also attempts to attack my hand when in the tank, even jumps out to grab it. When motivated these guys are very well equipped and do damage very quickly. Unfortunately it looks like a solo 55 gallon for this guy...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store