Official 2017/2018 NFL Discussion Thread

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
if like Thursday night football they stopped showing the anthem, this would all go away.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
if like Thursday night football they stopped showing the anthem, this would all go away.
Yup. Agreed. Take away their 15 min of fame that way and theres nothing they can do about it. Oddly the thurs night games have been better than the sun/mon night games.

How do u think your bolts are gonna hold up down the stretch ? Seems like they are clicking now since getting hunter henry more involved

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; It might have gone away had the TV done this earlier. I fear it is too late for such to be acceptable, at least to me. I am afraid the only acceptable outcome is to have the players all standing at attention for the flag ceremony. The fans in the stadiums will still see the kneeling. I will still know it is going on even if I do not see it.
To me the kneeling protesters have pushed this thing too far for half measures. I saw a headline that an actual anthem singer at a different sporting event took a knee. This is why half measures seem too weak.

Take away their 15 min of fame that way and theres nothing they can do about it.
Hello; My inflexible stance as stated above put aside for the moment, I see your point and think it is a decent plan. Even tho it will not satisfy my current hard line, I do see how taking away the potential millions of eyes will hurt the cause.

For the first time this past Thursday I did not watch the NFL game and also did not record it for future viewing. It has taken a bit for my resolve to set in. My remaining weakness will be that I may watch games between teams where all stand.

For those who are going to continue watching the NFL games may I ask a favor. I have three teams listed all of whose players are supposed to be standing. Dallas, Indy and the Dolphins. If you learn of others please post here. If my three listed teams backslide please let me know of this also. I regret things have come to this.

Reactions: jaws7777

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; A shout out to those who make "memes". I would like to see one where NFL football is the "golden goose", the big salaries are the "golden eggs" and the kneeling protesters are somehow killing the goose.

Also should anyone have a thought or information about how the standing players are dealing with this. I know there are some who stand. I know there is a desire for team unity as well. With my golden goose theme in mind I wonder how the "standers" might be thinking about all this?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
S skjl47 i tried to google who stoid and who knelt but most of the links were talking about what happened during the games following trumps comments

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
S skjl47 i tried to google who stoid and who knelt but most of the links were talking about what happened during the games following trumps comments
Hello; I got similar results. No reporting on the specific teams who are all standing. Thanks.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; I got similar results. No reporting on the specific teams who are all standing. Thanks.
Tbh ive been watching redzone (cant stand watching the local teams phil,wash,baltimore) so i havent seen the anthems. Tomorrow i'll get the dallas game and pit games will take note of who sits and stands

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
All the cowboys stood. Announcer said jerry jones gave them an order to stand. Many 49ers knelt with hands over there hearts.

Didnt see the steelers/bengals anthem.

So from what i can tell the anthem was not broadcast but in the cowboy game they went back after kickoff ans showed it.

Reactions: skjl47

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I heard that one Cowgirl raised a fist during the anthem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store