Little Monster, big activities

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
It was sold to me as a Stiphodon ornatus or freshwater rainbow goby. It’s not showing the colors that I found when I googled this species but it’s very close so, maybe it just hasn’t gotten into its full colors yet.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Goby....looks like stiphodon ornatus.

Reactions: Covetous

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It was sold to me as a Stiphodon ornatus or freshwater rainbow goby. It’s not showing the colors that I found when I googled this species but it’s very close so, maybe it just hasn’t gotten into its full colors yet.
Interesting looking fish,perhaps the color has to do with mating or breeding.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I had a group of 4 very entertaining Goby specie lol. The one in the pic may be a female.

Reactions: kno4te

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I had two but I'm down too one now, very interesting, only eat algae to take that into account.
If you add a flat slate ontop of the sand the dig out a den!-)
Cool fish.

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
I read that, the 55 gallon he is in has plenty of wood in it that has good film. With anubias that the leaves have algae too.

But I have noticed when I feed my micro pellets of my veggietai this guy seems to come out and pick some off the floor. I wonder if they would eat algae wafers like some NLS algae max

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I read that, the 55 gallon he is in has plenty of wood in it that has good film. With anubias that the leaves have algae too.

But I have noticed when I feed my micro pellets of my veggietai this guy seems to come out and pick some off the floor. I wonder if they would eat algae wafers like some NLS algae max

Yes I dropped a Algae wafer in and the Stiphodon did graze on it. Didn't use that brand though.

Reactions: Covetous
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store