Arowana pool idea/need some help

liamD

Feeder Fish
Oct 22, 2017
So ive wanted an arowana since ive started fish keeping. I think they are just a beautiful fish that i really want to keep. So heres where the fun starts. Im looking to buy a arowana thats about 4-7 inches(might get smaller) in length that im just gonna have in a 125 until i can get what i need(at MOST a year and that should be pushing it but i just need to have some extra cash). Ive been looking at an 168 x 168 x 42(inches) pool which says its about 5k gallons but i think its about 4k. What i want to really know is if this is a big enough space for them to live, how many fish i can keep with the arow, can i have more than one, can i keep different species and really any other info. I will most likely use a pool filter if possible along with 2 fluval fx6 that i had from an old project but if i cant use the pool filter should i use a large sump? Like 125 gallons or so since i wont be using that tank anymore. Any help if great and if anyone can tell me what they have i will gladly look into it .
Thanks

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
I notice this is your first post and that you just joined the forum today. Good luck in your "monster fish keeping hobby". If you are going to use a pool, be aware that Aros jump. You will lose them if the pool is not covered. Would your pool have a viewing portal? I personally don't think a pool is the way to go with Aros. Feeding would be hard. Pools work well with stingrays though. In any case, your aro will outgrow your 125 gallon tank within a year. Unless you are 100% sure you are going to get a big pool/tank, you might reconsider Aros and go for some other fish instead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store