MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Reactions: cichlidfish

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
They are around 3.5".
Its not that they get swallowed in one bite. The grammodes seems to bite them in the belly from bellow and then they die from that. I found one dead with half the belly missing.
Maybe i should try to breed with the remaining ones. But i have never breed tetras before.
I had the same problem with p. loisellei and h. deppii in the past. But also had problems with the tetras nipping the fins of larger peaceful CAs like v. Melanura and c.robertsoni.

Reactions: Milingu

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Quick update:
I had to separate the female grammodes in july. I had to collect here from the water surface. She did not look like she was beaten up too bad. But she was very weak.
In august i rearrangend everything in the tank an put the female back in. Within three days they were a couple again.
At the moment i suspect them to have wigglers behind a big stone plate in the back of the tank.

Unfurtunatelly i could not save any of the A. mexicanus since i had to leave for a business trip.

Here is a picture of both the grammodes lurking for food on the surface.

Chiapaheros_grammodes_Santo_Domingo_35_1024x1262.jpg

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Such cool fish. One of these days......

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
I had to move. Unfortunately due to that I lost the female. I don't know if it was the stress from relocating or if the male just freaked out while I was at work...

At the moment no female grammodes were available. But I kept two of the fry. These two females have spawned together this morning.

C_grammodes_1.jpg C_grammodes_3.jpg C_grammodes_2.jpg C_grammodes_4.jpg

Reactions: Toiletcar
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store