Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Reactions: jwd and clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Lmaoooo
I think i have to get rid of the ornate. This sucks we've had him for about 4yrs (i think)
That is sad, but at the end of the day you gotta do what's best for you, the fish, and the tank. Sounds like it is another tough decision. It's okay Nigel, my fav. Frank and friends still love you. Bioload decision? Is he still staying in the family?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
He's coming back! Woooohoooooo!
Sorry to hear about your ornate....maybe jwd needs it!?
<3 thisssss. Glad you are back jwd jwd . How are the tanks?

Reactions: jwd

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
That is sad, but at the end of the day you gotta do what's best for you, the fish, and the tank. Sounds like it is another tough decision. It's okay Nigel, my fav. Frank and friends still love you. Bioload decision? Is he still staying in the family?
This is actually been the hardest decision ive made so far. Mean s.o.b was the size of a noodle when we got him.

So the juruense got attacked again. My son and i were soo pissed that we sat infront of the tank determined to see who was doing it. Sure enough it was nigel. I actually thought the poor jur wasnt gonna make it. Most of its anal and pelvic fins were shredded and maxillary barbel bitten off. She was soo messed up she was laying almost on her side.
20171017_193346.jpg 20171017_193939.jpg 20171017_200914.jpg
At 1st i was thinking it was the vulture since it didnt have a scratch on it, im thinking if it was a poly surely it would have went after the vulture too.

To our surprise nigel whacked the jur while we were watching (dim lights and sitting across the room) and the vulture would bolt when ever nigel was near....jur is much slower. My son actuallly looked me dead in the eye and said "dad im sick of this sh$t" lmaooo i didnt even bother scolding him as i felt the same way lol ahh but this os part of the hobby. I left the decision up to him and he said even tho nigel is his favirote fish he doesnt want all of the fish to have to put up with his aggression.

So the jur is healing up and doing ok in the 150. Once shes good to go she'll go back in the 300 and nigel will go in the 150. If no one else attacks the jur nigel has to go. If it does get beat up again the jur will be rehomed

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
This is actually been the hardest decision ive made so far. Mean s.o.b was the size of a noodle when we got him.

So the juruense got attacked again. My son and i were soo pissed that we sat infront of the tank determined to see who was doing it. Sure enough it was nigel. I actually thought the poor jur wasnt gonna make it. Most of its anal and pelvic fins were shredded and maxillary barbel bitten off. She was soo messed up she was laying almost on her side.
View attachment 1280635 View attachment 1280636 View attachment 1280637
At 1st i was thinking it was the vulture since it didnt have a scratch on it, im thinking if it was a poly surely it would have went after the vulture too.

To our surprise nigel whacked the jur while we were watching (dim lights and sitting across the room) and the vulture would bolt when ever nigel was near....jur is much slower. My son actuallly looked me dead in the eye and said "dad im sick of this sh$t" lmaooo i didnt even bother scolding him as i felt the same way lol ahh but this os part of the hobby. I left the decision up to him and he said even tho nigel is his favirote fish he doesnt want all of the fish to have to put up with his aggression.

So the jur is healing up and doing ok in the 150. Once shes good to go she'll go back in the 300 and nigel will go in the 150. If no one else attacks the jur nigel has to go. If it does get beat up again the jur will be rehomed
That’s an extremely tough situation. Know you guys love Nigel. I can’t believe you raised him from noodle size. That’s adorable! Guess Nigel doesn't like smaller polys or catfish. How's he towards the vulture cat?

Wasn't it sp. Delaware picking on the jur before? Have any of the other polys besides Nigel ever shown signs of aggression towards her? Remember you said the jur was pretty passive. That's unacceptable for her to be hurting to the point where she's laying on her side. :(

Sounds like you and your son came up with a good plan. Also laughing at the "dad I'm sick of this ssss%%." He's tired of it too ahaha.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
That’s an extremely tough situation. Know you guys love Nigel. I can’t believe you raised him from noodle size. That’s adorable! Guess Nigel doesn't like smaller polys or catfish. How's he towards the vulture cat?

Wasn't it sp. Delaware picking on the jur before? Have any of the other polys besides Nigel ever shown signs of aggression towards her? Remember you said the jur was pretty passive. That's unacceptable for her to be hurting to the point where she's laying on her side. :(

Sounds like you and your son came up with a good plan. Also laughing at the "dad I'm sick of this ssss%%." He's tired of it too ahaha.
I assumed it was delaware since she would nip at the other polys every now and then. Guess u just never know

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
My poly bit helf my jurs head off so i sold it to a friend. Goodluck as for whatever reason poly seem to mess woth jurs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store