Arowana Problem

TheLastKon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2015
I've done the removing the trouble maker and introducing new fish and reintroducing then trouble maker. Only works for a few weeks. The other aros would pick on the trouble maker for a week...then the trouble maker gets comfortable and starts beating the other Fish.

Only thing that worked for me is adding 4-6 silver aros to disperse the aggression. However this only worked while the silvers were in the community. Once the silvers were gone it went back to fighting again...

salmanf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2017
Just as many blue spangled cichlids are aggressive against other similar shaped blue spangled cichlids (they consider each other competition) and won't tolerate them within eye-shot (especially in the confines of an aquarium) , any long bodied (eel like, similar shaped) fish like arowana would find others of its kind, and other long bodied fish to be competition, so unless your tank is the size of an olympic swimming pool (and even that may be too small in the eyes of your particular Arowana), at least from what you write it appears as though yours considers any other arowana, or Arapaima in that competitive category, and in its opinion, they need to be eliminated.
I agree with you

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
What are your upgrade plans? Do you still have the previous victims but in other Tanks?

salmanf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2017
What are your upgrade plans? Do you still have the previous victims but in other Tanks?
Already removed them immediately. They are doing fine and growing in another tank.
But does this mean I can’t add more fish in the tank.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
The reason I ask is you have two fish that will push 100 centimeters and another that will get much larger if you already have an upgrade in place for the size that they're going to get perhaps you could put the two mellower ones in there first and then you could introduce the mean one later after they are more comfortable and they feel that the tank is theirs not his

Akarsh chaudhary

Feeder Fish
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone please help me I am planing to buy a 4 inch arowana but I have 4 parrot fish will they harm my arowana
So should I buy the small or should I buy little bigger

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store