DieselHybrid Has Pearl Stingrays! But something is strange..

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left these threads without updates for this long. To answer the inquiries all of the fish are alive and well. Work has been extremely busy this fall and late summer, and I haven't had the time for updates and photography.

Update time! Despite being swamped with work, I managed to finally finish my growout build and the pearls have been moved to their temporary growout tank! They are eating and growing very rapidly. I'm happy to have them isolated from the blackies as they showed a LOT of aggression towards my other rays, they are much more harmonious when kept with their kind (which I haven't really observed with stingrays to this extent before).

Here are a few photos, I'll make a separate thread for the build. :)

View attachment 1280903

View attachment 1280904

View attachment 1280905
THEY look great man!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
THEY look great man!
Looking stunning Dieselhybrid Dieselhybrid .. Just love the colour...
Thank you for the kind comments. They have been a lot of fun. They aren't picky eaters at all, which is a relief as I expected them to be more difficult to care for.

Reactions: MariaS

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
Wow, p14 now these! Curious, are these siblings and does it matter? I only ask cause from what I’ve learned over the years is: their immune systems are already weakened being albino. Your thoughts....
Also, did you ever make a build thread?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Hello Suckerfish! I expected all kinds of sensitivities and potential issues with the albinos. To my surprise they are hardy. They accept all foods and out compete my other rays for food and have shown a faster growth rate. I am unsure about their relation to each other. They were a special import so I was not able to ask the breeder any questions.

Thank you for asking about the build. It is completed, I have not made a thread yet. I am starting another build which I am documenting. Eventually I will make threads for both builds, just a time thing. I'm just returning to MFK from a break, I've been busy with business and travel but still active in the hobby.

I saw this activity the other day during a water change. Perhaps he will get the job done some time in the future. They are still young and relatively small for breeding, so this was a promising development.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
They are stunning Dieselhybrid Dieselhybrid !!

I see they also very busy.. hyperactive kids haha I like that
They are very aggressive. The most aggressive rays I have owned

Very exciting man, here's to hoping.
Cheers to that! These are developing well. I have some new projects that you are going to love Richard!

Reactions: Woefulrelic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store