12x8x8

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
That's cool. I don't know if there's anything like that here...
Shouldn't say this online, but who's going to catch you? And who's going to care?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Shouldn't say this online, but who's going to catch you? And who's going to care?
If you saw the ecological state of Australia I'd think twice.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Gouramis hideout! Want MC for it :)IMG_20171023_201351.jpg

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I would care. I'm not risking jail time and god knows what else just to keep a few inverts that probably shouldn't be here anyway. Just because I'm a responsible keeper doesn't mean every other Tom Rich and Harry is, if the wrong thing got into our waterways it could devastate the already struggling natives.

And besides, I still haven't kept all the fish I'm legally allowed to so I think I'll work on keeping some of those before I think about breaking the law lol

If you saw the ecological state of Australia I'd think twice.
^^ this. Hendre gets it. :)

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I would care. I'm not risking jail time and god knows what else just to keep a few inverts that probably shouldn't be here anyway. Just because I'm a responsible keeper doesn't mean every other Tom Rich and Harry is, if the wrong thing got into our waterways it could devastate the already struggling natives.

And besides, I still haven't kept all the fish I'm legally allowed to so I think I'll work on keeping some of those before I think about breaking the law lol

^^ this. Hendre gets it. :)
Raising a few local inverts is not going to harm the Australian enviroment, even if they escape and rejoin their friends. I have kept illegal things, knowingly and unknowingly, but I don't think I was being careless with my local wildlife, if I did, I wouldn't do it. If you're not comfortable with it, then don't do it :)

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Raising a few local inverts is not going to harm the Australian enviroment, even if they escape and rejoin their friends. I have kept illegal things, knowingly and unknowingly, but I don't think I was being careless with my local wildlife, if I did, I wouldn't do it. If you're not comfortable with it, then don't do it :)
Yeah, I think I'll pass. :)

Reactions: J. H.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
In Aussie and NZ they are extremely strict with illegal species and when i lived in Australia, i've remember more than one time where i heard of people rattinng out neighbours for keeping illegal species of fish...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If a few hundred people raise a few local inverts it can seriously harm an ecosystem, not at all the way to look at it. You sound very careless right now...

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I haven't been active recently, so I have more updates than usual.

The larger Aegla passed away a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure why, although I believe it may have been the fighting, as everything else is doing well.

Within the next few weeks I plan to order some rare tetras and gobies for the 16g, and after that, I won't add much more fish. I would have ordered them sooner, but both the seller and I have been quite busy.

Reading this thread, I noticed that I didn't post many pictures of the 12g fluval edge. I'll try to post some soon, especially with how nice it looks recently. The fish are doing well and the shrimp are breeding like rabbits.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I haven't been active recently, so I have more updates than usual.

The larger Aegla passed away a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure why, although I believe it may have been the fighting, as everything else is doing well.

Within the next few weeks I plan to order some rare tetras and gobies for the 16g, and after that, I won't add much more fish. I would have ordered them sooner, but both the seller and I have been quite busy.

Reading this thread, I noticed that I didn't post many pictures of the 12g fluval edge. I'll try to post some soon, especially with how nice it looks recently. The fish are doing well and the shrimp are breeding like rabbits.
I'm currently finishing the details of another order with Wes. I actually ordered more fish than I originally intended to, so that will be a fun What's In The Box thread to look forward to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store