Question about Zebra Pike - got a New one in

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
So - I ordered the Zebra Pike that wet spot had. Only had him a few days but so far he is great! I have him in a 60 Gal quarantine tank (which he don't love), seems small for him. So far no problems at all. He ate some Market shrimp the 1st day I got him! Here is the question. There are a Bunch of Guppies in there with him and assumed he would inhale them. He is 11-12" long. As far as I can tell he has not touched them guppies at all. However when I drop chopped Shrimp in there he eats that right up. He seems fat and healthy. I am wondering if this is normal for them to not eat live feeders? Or maybe once he settles a little more will he start eating them. I don't plan on buying more feeders - they were left overs from a EEL I had in there last. Again - Just wondering. Thanks in advance for the help.

Arkangel77

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Give him time, and he will eat the other fish. At this point he can get food easily without having to exert much energy.

Did you ever quarantine the feeders or do you breed the feeders yourself?

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Give him time, and he will eat the other fish. At this point he can get food easily without having to exert much energy.

Did you ever quarantine the feeders or do you breed the feeders yourself?
These were left over from an eel and they were quaranteened =)

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
He has started to pick off a few of them Guppies - but he seems content to let me feed him worms and Cut shrimp =)

PS - He poops in Balls, almost like a cluster of grapes - its weird...

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Yeah it's the food that you are feeding him. If you really want to know which type of food, then only feed one type for a week, like just shrimp. Then the next week only feed worms.

You are not feeding tiger shrimp, correct?

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Yeah it's the food that you are feeding him. If you really want to know which type of food, then only feed one type for a week, like just shrimp. Then the next week only feed worms.

You are not feeding tiger shrimp, correct?
I am feeding him fresh Market shrimp which I peel and cut for him. I live in the south so its Gulf Shrimp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store