Aquatic Experience in Chicago

wfex4

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2008
Cape Coral, Fl
Mods please feel free to move if necessary.

Will anyone else be going to the Aquatic Experience in Chicago in two weeks? I've never been to a strictly aquarium related convention/trade show before and was just wondering if there are any suggestions to make the most of the weekend.

Im flying in Thursday so I can attend the full day seminar on Friday and I plan to attend some of the seminars on Saturday as well. Im hoping there will still be sufficient time to check out the trade show in between sessions.

My main purpose for attending is the seminars and meeting some of the industry suppliers and distributors as I'm in the process of starting an aquatics-focused business.

Any suggestions to maximize the weekend or input from past experiences would be appreciated. If you're heading there too, I'm sure a meetup wouldn't be too difficult to arrange.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I plan on going Saturday. Went to the first one a couple of years ago and it was nice, heard from others it got better each year. Didn’t do any seminars, just walked the floor and looked. Lots of interesting equipment for saltwater, I’m strictly freshwater so it was interesting seeing stuff that was new to me.

Reactions: wfex4
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store