L160 pleco in fish pond?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
I have a pair of L160 pleco, current size is about 6-7 inches.
will they survive in fishpond? i have a 2000 gallon arowana pond which has 2 pieces 14 inch or bigger
Gibbicep pleco. do you guys think the L160s can survive in my pond? i dont think they'll be in any danger from the arowanas. but I dont really drop food for my plecos in the pond.
it does get sunlight, pond is somewhat bare bottom with just 2 big PVC tubs for my Gibby to hide in .

what do you guys think? would it be a good idea to throw my L160s into the pond?
water quality in my pond is a lot better than my tanks.

they are pretty rowdy and would chase my other plecos around during feeding time.
i'm thinking either put them into my pond, or put them in my tank with rays.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
In the pond, you would need more hiding places and the temp can't go below 75f/23.8c. I don't think Manila gets cold, so that shouldn't be a problem.

There may still be bullying.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
In the pond, you would need more hiding places and the temp can't go below 75f/23.8c. I don't think Manila gets cold, so that shouldn't be a problem.

There may still be bullying.
thanks :) yup its quite warm here. they are quite aggressive in the tank, so was thinking if its a good idea to throw them into my pond : ) .

VinceH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
good quality of water, temperature is fine, enough good foods, no enemy, they are in heaven.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store