Inspirational biotopes and natural looking aquariums

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
Here's a quick pic I just snapped of my amazon-inspired tank. Water was way more yellow a couple days ago from the driftwood, but I just did a big water change. I kind of miss the tannins to be honest
What kind of lights are those? I like the "spot-light" effect.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Great set up! I've started planting my set ups but it doesn't quite look natural, black sand and bad scale so far and just not ready compared to these pieces of art ;)

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
They are just marineland LED's. I have the fixture right on the glass lid, and the water has some tannins in it, so you see the beams
Did you do anything to introduce tannins before the driftwood was added or did the tannins strictly come from your addition of the driftwood?

I had a large amount of driftwood in my previous tank and it turned it straight up lake brown. The wood has since dried back out due to us moving and breaking down that specific tank, but I am getting ready to begin using it again, wondering if it will re-release tannins in the water after it is added back?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Did you do anything to introduce tannins before the driftwood was added or did the tannins strictly come from your addition of the driftwood?

I had a large amount of driftwood in my previous tank and it turned it straight up lake brown. The wood has since dried back out due to us moving and breaking down that specific tank, but I am getting ready to begin using it again, wondering if it will re-release tannins in the water after it is added back?
It will yeah, happens as long as there is tannin in the wood

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store