Came home to an ice cold tank!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good catch man. I have had so many issues with forgetting to unplug or plug back in heaters, I finally set everything up on power strips. It is harder to forget when the lights and filters are also off.
That is something I will have to look into...One of my fish looked as if it was about to turn upside down as it was moving around so I didn't even waste time bagging and floating it in a warmer tank.I simply netted,transferred it and slowly lowered it into the warmer water.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Whoa, nice save.
I have lost heaters, by not switching them off.

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
Time to get a heat controller, my inkbird beeps when the temp is out of range, i can hear it from even upstairs

Reactions: Mr Pleco

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Man your heaters must run a lot to keep them tanks warm considering it dropped so low from room temp being real low

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Man your heaters must run a lot to keep them tanks warm considering it dropped so low from room temp being real low
My tanks are in the unheated basement and I think I turned the heaters on in the beginning of the month.It just so happened that during the time that I did the water change we had a cold snap that brought the temps down there lower.
The heaters run from now til about April or May before I can safely shut them off.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
My tanks are in the unheated basement and I think I turned the heaters on in the beginning of the month.It just so happened that during the time that I did the water change we had a cold snap that brought the temps down there lower.
The heaters run from now til about April or May before I can safely shut them off.
Ahhh I see

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
My Ranco controller just took a dump, tank dropped to 72 from 80. I think the probe is shot because it was showing 91 on the controller.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
My Ranco controller just took a dump, tank dropped to 72 from 80. I think the probe is shot because it was showing 91 on the controller.
This just happened on one of my finnex controllers. Rays at 66 degrees is not a good thing lol.

I suggest a heater controller but even those have problems. Redundant systems is really the best way to be 100% safe.

Great save Krich. That intuition can't be taught, takes years to earn.

Reactions: FishBeast
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store