The Official R. Parana Kelberi Growout Thread

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I figure that, shoot I regret not getting 2 more the to be honest, this guy is turning out really nice.
Hahahaha **** I regret selling all my old kels from back in the day lol

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va

mrdee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
WI
Wow! Are these yours? Straight stunners, I love the last one with multiple bars
Yes, these are mines. Very slow growers and they changed a lot from when I first got them. Maybe I need to try feeding them pellets? Their main diet is just frozen tilapia. What lighting are you guys using to bring out the best colors in kelberis? T5?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Wow! Those are the Rio paranas from rapps? Those are going to be stunner for sure. T5s and a lot of lamps bring out the best colors in kels and cichla in general.

mrdee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
WI
Wow! Those are the Rio paranas from rapps? Those are going to be stunner for sure. T5s and a lot of lamps bring out the best colors in kels and cichla in general.
Yes, these are the Rio Paranas from Rapps. They are still young, so hopefully they turn out to be real nice when fully mature.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I use finnex 24/7 awesome leds make the colors really pop M mrdee

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Yes, these are mines. Very slow growers and they changed a lot from when I first got them. Maybe I need to try feeding them pellets? Their main diet is just frozen tilapia. What lighting are you guys using to bring out the best colors in kelberis? T5?
Yes, these are the Rio Paranas from Rapps. They are still young, so hopefully they turn out to be real nice when fully mature.
I think these guys are going to be gorgeous when mature, yours look further along then my Kel. Very true on growth my Kel is growing slowly as well my broko's where smaller when I first got him but have passed him in size

mrdee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
WI
Yes, mines are a bit older than yours. I do see the great potential in yours even though they are younger. It would be interesting to see how yours turns out. Wild caught kelberis seem like they are late bloomers when it comes to spangles and gold. But when they mature, they are crazy nice!

Reactions: isde02 and cigars
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store