Odoe Pikes making foam ...

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Why not get a male a try to mimic the conditions he had to spawn them
I've been looking for a male for some time, to be honest I've been looking for sizeable Odoe for over a year. Got my female nearly a year ago, since then nothing over 3-4" has been available. I did consider growing out a group but it's not feasible at the moment.

I have noticed a lot of very small Odoe being imported into the UK lately so my game plan was to wait until invariably people grow the tiddlers on and some end up on the classifieds etc. Then I'll make my move :)

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I've been looking for a male for some time, to be honest I've been looking for sizeable Odoe for over a year. Got my female nearly a year ago, since then nothing over 3-4" has been available. I did consider growing out a group but it's not feasible at the moment.

I have noticed a lot of very small Odoe being imported into the UK lately so my game plan was to wait until invariably people grow the tiddlers on and some end up on the classifieds etc. Then I'll make my move :)
Fair enough, but I experienced quick growth with my female when I was feeding strictly live, but I always stuffed the feeders with pellets before hand for a week or 2 and then right before dropping them in the tank assuming she'd get some type of extra nutrients from the pellets. Just a thought. Idk if males grow slower or faster maybe.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Bump for J John2708

John2708

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
nottinghamshire,uk
Just come across this post and read the whole thing very interesting once my house move is done I'll definitely be using this thread as a guide to breeding my odoe great job

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Just come across this post and read the whole thing very interesting once my house move is done I'll definitely be using this thread as a guide to breeding my odoe great job
Please share your experiences when you get to it, I’d love to hear about it!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store