Lets discussed about Growth Rate of Polys

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
My dels were deffinatly the fastest they were up to 8-9" in the first 6 months. I got them at about 2". But then they slowed way down 1 is still about 9 the other 10.

I didn't see the huge growth people talked about on the teugs mine was a slow grower. He's still only about 8-9 now had him since april. magpie magpie got one about the same time and it's around 11 or 12 I'd say, and I think they are siblings at least from the same batch we got them from the same place at the same time.

Bathi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2017
My dels were deffinatly the fastest they were up to 8-9" in the first 6 months. I got them at about 2". But then they slowed way down 1 is still about 9 the other 10.

I didn't see the huge growth people talked about on the teugs mine was a slow grower. He's still only about 8-9 now had him since april. magpie magpie got one about the same time and it's around 11 or 12 I'd say, and I think they are siblings at least from the same batch we got them from the same place at the same time.
You're the only one, I think owned the slowest growing teug. :eek:

Bathi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2017
looks like upper jaw types (other than the tueg and some of ornates) growing slowly after they reached half of their body length.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Sens are slow growers after 5-6" like stated above. Both my sens are stuck at about 6". I think there are other factors we haven't figured out yet either. I have and always will feed everyother day that may be why mine have grown slower where others with the same type have seen faster growth. Its possible that water quality has something to do with it. I struggled to keep nitrates below 40ppm in the 75 but in the 180 it usually doesn't get above 20ppm atm. But with the 180 only being up since august and most of my polys already at the stall lengths. Lucifer the teug has continued his .5" per month growth though, slow and steady. I am wondering if his growth rate was slowed by him almost always having an injury to heal.

Reactions: clm08k and Bathi

Bathi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2017
Sens are slow growers after 5-6" like stated above. Both my sens are stuck at about 6". I think there are other factors we haven't figured out yet either. I have and always will feed everyother day that may be why mine have grown slower where others with the same type have seen faster growth. Its possible that water quality has something to do with it. I struggled to keep nitrates below 40ppm in the 75 but in the 180 it usually doesn't get above 20ppm atm. But with the 180 only being up since august and most of my polys already at the stall lengths. Lucifer the teug has continued his .5" per month growth though, slow and steady. I am wondering if his growth rate was slowed by him almost always having an injury to heal.
am i the only one, don't owned the teug..:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store