Buttikoferi stories?

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Could go either way, butti will outgrow and win eventually as festae take a while to get big.
I wouldn't recommend anyone mixing them in anything smaller than 600g.
True...buttis grow fast as hell (1-1.5 " a month). Though once they hit 12 inches they slow down (from my experience).

Pran

Feeder Fish
Nov 18, 2017
Just bought a pair two days back just 1 inch big, the fish guy sold me these by saying that these are the MEANEST and most intelligent fish I could ever find, I am not a cichlids person but I was flawed with the growth rate and the fish hardiness when he told that they grow to a size of 12 inch or more.
Have placed the pair with a few rock and a sand cave because I read they need place to hide.
Figuring out what to feed them apart from normal fish pellets, but yeah seriously they surprise me by their intelligence.

Reactions: Cichlids-r-beasts

Pran

Feeder Fish
Nov 18, 2017
Just bought a pair two days back just 1 inch big, the fish guy sold me these by saying that these are the MEANEST and most intelligent fish I could ever find, I am not a cichlids person but I was flawed with the growth rate and the fish hardiness when he told that they grow to a size of 12 inch or more.
Have placed the pair with a few rock and a sand cave because I read they need place to hide.
Figuring out what to feed them apart from normal fish pellets, but yeah seriously they surprise me by their intelligence.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
3 pages and not a single pic to go with the stories? :-o i dont really have any stand out stories of my butti. But shes hands down the worst substrate digger i have ever had in an aquarium. She can move 100# of sand all to one end of a 6ft tank over night. Included a pic
image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store