I finaly did it!

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, target. Etc

Typically in the first aid section. (Besides a laxative, It is used for a bath in the tub for sore muscles) Usually in a 5 pound bag.
Ok, thank you. I will try to pick some up tomorrow if his condition doesn’t improve.

overfed and overate
Thank you. I haven’t had a fish I had to worry about overfeeding before. Not that it is good practice, but there have been a few times when I fed my fire eels, vulture catfish, and goldfish much more than I thought. In my vulture catfish and goldfish’s cases, their stomachs just got huge for a day or two and they were just fine. In my fire eels’ cases, they actually had eaten to the point that the food that wouldn’t fit in their stomachs would actually just hang out of their mouth for a few hours, and their stomachs would be giant for a day or so. I’ll be more careful from now on and will try to get this guy on some carnivore pellets once this episode passes.

Thank you all for the help!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
So happy he's doing better! Captive bred polys are much more likely to do this. I totally get being excited about him eating. ;)

In the future you can put the salt directly in the pellet, too, if you can isolate the fish. I'll find the link on how to do that... hold please.
*cue hold music*

Here you go...
It's in this awesome article on MFK.
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/treating-hexamita-aka-spironucleus.523470/

Screen shot of the soaked pellet info from the article. Magnesium sulfate is epsom salt. Be sure to use plain / unscented! I found it hard to find one that was unscented. I found mine in the bath section.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 10.56.06 AM.png

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
So happy he's doing better! Captive bred polys are much more likely to do this. I totally get being excited about him eating. ;)

In the future you can put the salt directly in the pellet, too, if you can isolate the fish. I'll find the link on how to do that... hold please.
*cue hold music*

Here you go...
It's in this awesome article on MFK.
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/treating-hexamita-aka-spironucleus.523470/

Screen shot of the soaked pellet info from the article. Magnesium sulfate is epsom salt. Be sure to use plain / unscented! I found it hard to find one that was unscented. I found mine in the bath section.

View attachment 1285097
Ok, great, thank you!

Are you saying I should do this whenever I feed him, or just if I need to clear him out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store