amphilophus rhytisma

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
No :( i missed my chance i'll just have to see if he gets any more he is still oredering fish right or is he trying to sell all hes fish i've heard mike is going out of business

( ohh talking about mikes killer fish BTW )

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hello,
I am sorry to dig up an old thread... but do any of you still have your Amphilophus rhytisma? Anyone breeding them and want to help me out? Or anyone know where I could still get some?

I have been looking around for them and have been unsuccessful. I would also be interested in Amphilophus bussingi if anyone has them. I just e-mailed Jeff Rapps about them, so we'll see if he can help. And just a warning if you don't reply back I might PM some of you in case you missed this :).

Thank you so much!

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
Ira had some about 2 months ago, try to pm him. Btw, they are now Astatheros Rhytisma.

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nemesis;4359944; said:
Ira had some about 2 months ago, try to pm him. Btw, they are now Astatheros Rhytisma.
Thank you I pm'd him. As for now being Astatheros, The ACA C.A.R.E.S. Preservation ProgramConservation PrioritySpecies at Risk List has them listed as Amphilophus...

But yeah I'm not sure which is correct because I have seen it listed as both. But that list is my most credible source, and it says it was last updated in July...

nutty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
United Kingdom
Rhytisma now belong to the genus Cribroheros, with C. rostratus as the type specimen. I kept them not so long back. I got my group from Don Conkel stock. They are very scarce in the wild. I believe Don is involved in re-introduction programmes of the species in less polluted waterways in Costa Rica.

They are best kept in groups in a species only tank with larger Poecilia spp. Young fish can be susceptible to bloat problems, so light feeding is recommended until the fish are happy and settled.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store