What do you think of this stocking long term?

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Are you not interested in cichlids? What about a Datnoid?
Yes I would be interested in a datnoid the Main problem with a that idea is the slow growth of datnoids worries me when it comes to having a larger predators in the tank.

And with cichlids the ones I would be open to suggestions. Because they would have to be over 15” and have some good color.

I like jags but they don’t have the color, dovii are too aggressive, peacock bass get too large, oscars are too common, buttikoferi are also too aggressive. So I have no clue what to do lol.

Reactions: magpie

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
I was considering a fire eel as well!

I think I could do a group of synspillum or argentea (male)

Reactions: magpie

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Synspilum?

Either way I think you should do a fire eel. Because I want one. ;)
+1 me too.

Currently living vicariously through pics of people’s fat eels. Lol. Plus a 300g would be a good size home for one!

OP: what are fish that you really like? Make a huge list and then scratch off some.
If it were me, I’d add some arrowana and gar to the list. Or lungfish!!!!

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
+1 me too.

Currently living vicariously through pics of people’s fat eels. Lol. Plus a 300g would be a good size home for one!

OP: what are fish that you really like? Make a huge list and then scratch off some.
If it were me, I’d add some arrowana and gar to the list. Or lungfish!!!!
I’ll try making a list and see what you guys think.

I do like gars but it’s hard to find anything other than an alligator gar lol.

Arowanas never really struck me. I like them but not a huge fan of them. And it seems everyone with a large tank has one (and small tanks lol)

Do you guys think one peacock bass(kelbri) would be too big for a 7*3 tank? I’m familiar with central/South American cichlids but I’ve never done extensive research on peacock bass due to never having a tank large enough

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
By the way the tank is definitely going to have at least one poly (congicus) probably more than one though lol
of course, I'm a little bias..... But I vote up to 5 polys. ;)
I’ll try making a list and see what you guys think.

I do like gars but it’s hard to find anything other than an alligator gar lol.

Arowanas never really struck me. I like them but not a huge fan of them. And it seems everyone with a large tank has one (and small tanks lol)

Do you guys think one peacock bass(kelbri) would be too big for a 7*3 tank? I’m familiar with central/South American cichlids but I’ve never done extensive research on peacock bass due to never having a tank large enough
that's cool. look forward to seeing the list. :) At the end of the day, getting what you like is more important than what we like haha.

FishNCash FishNCash used to have pbass in his poly tank.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
FishNCash FishNCash used to have pbass in his poly tank.
i have no issue keeping bass and bichirs. Just make sure you get a high quality Kelberi as a show piece. I also prefer Kelberi over other variant because their docile behavior and smaller size.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Synspilum?

Either way I think you should do a fire eel. Because I want one. ;)
I was considering a fire eel as well!

I think I could do a group of synspillum or argentea (male)
I've got 2 you definitely want one but get one 12" or over so they will start on worms because when small they tend to be ALOT more finicky eaters

Reactions: DRteugelsi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store