300 gallon poly tank

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Took a vid of the teug, man its turning into a really nice looking poly.

So quick update. Ornate has been rehomesd the little sen is also on his way out too. 150 gal is gone.

Last week i flooded a decent portion of my basement. I was able to save the carpet but had tp have the padding replaced. I fell asleep with the baby while filling the 75 gal. To make matters worse when i woke up i totally forgot about the tank and went to pick my son up from school...ouch !!! Luckily im still married
Glad the 150 is gone and you have less tanks to maintain. Sorry to hear about the rehoming of Nigel and the Sen. I know you are equally devastated about Nigel. The basement flooding sucks. In positive news, tank looks great!

What are the benefits of a drip system? Do they refill and empty on their own. Not familiar with them. You and twentyleagues twentyleagues should make a build book. :) Could go over sump builds, drip builds, backgrounds.

Reactions: twentyleagues

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Nice to see the polys are still doing well Jaws keep up the good work and hopefully by summer I'll have something up and going again. Unfortunately got in too deep over my head last time and wasn't giving the tank the attention it deserved. however starting this new job working only 3-4 days a week and making pretty good money ill be able to get back in the game.

Probably going to go with a congicus as the main poly with a few other larger fish instead of trying to do 15 different types of fish at once.
Thx man cant wait to see what you do with the new tank. I like the idea of less is more. I wemt nuts too trying to keep all the different catch locations and what not. Im enjoying the tank with less polys with 8 vs 16 lol

Glad the 150 is gone and you have less tanks to maintain. Sorry to hear about the rehoming of Nigel and the Sen. I know you are equally devastated about Nigel. The basement flooding sucks. In positive news, tank looks great!

What are the benefits of a drip system? Do they refill and empty on their own. Not familiar with them. You and twentyleagues twentyleagues should make a build book. :) Could go over sump builds, drip builds, backgrounds.

Yeah it sucks but i guess it was long over due.

Cant really talk much about drips as i havent really researched it well but i'll be setting ine up soon.

Sumps are the bomb. Way too many different methods to get into but its definitly something worth researching. I lije the dual herbie method. I feel like it porvides a good level of security against floods and optimal flow. Another one to read up on is the beananimal.
J jaws7777
You rehomed Nigel?
Yeah man i had too. He just got too aggressive. The polys could have probablu been ok long term with him but i picked up a juruense and he was shredding it

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Awe man that sucks!
Where did you get the Juruense from?
Im thinking about getting a ripsaw catfish subspecies like Pterodoras granulosus, or something similar but i want to go into this with a plan and stick to it, as to not complicate it or make it harder than it needs to be as my wife would say lol.

But as soon as i get some cash flowing with this new job ill be able to do what ive been wanting to do for a while and start my build! The problem was last time i bought the wrong kind of wood and that set me back big time.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Awe man that sucks!
Where did you get the Juruense from?
Im thinking about getting a ripsaw catfish subspecies like Pterodoras granulosus, or something similar but i want to go into this with a plan and stick to it, as to not complicate it or make it harder than it needs to be as my wife would say lol.

But as soon as i get some cash flowing with this new job ill be able to do what ive been wanting to do for a while and start my build! The problem was last time i bought the wrong kind of wood and that set me back big time.
Absolutely agreee with planning. I feel like i strayed from my plans and regretted it.

I got the jur from mark @ discus origins in the mfk vendor section. Check them out along with predatory fins and jeff rapps. Between the 3 you should be able to get any cat. Predatory fins has gotten in bolt cats (very very cool cat and not often available)

Rapps aslo has jaguar cats...man they arr gorgeous in person. Im not sure the jur will work out long term tho we'll have to wait and see the vulture cat tho is a perfect match gor polys (so far)

Reactions: magpie

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Thats awesome i love vulture cats too.
My problem with jags is i hear they hide way too much. I just cant see myself spending that kind of money on one for it to hide all the time lol.
I think you made a good decision the tank is looking as good as ever. what's the footprint of your tank again?

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Thats awesome i love vulture cats too.
My problem with jags is i hear they hide way too much. I just cant see myself spending that kind of money on one for it to hide all the time lol.
I think you made a good decision the tank is looking as good as ever. what's the footprint of your tank again?

Thx man its 96x30(width)x24

Reactions: DRteugelsi

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Took a vid of the teug, man its turning into a really nice looking poly.

So quick update. Ornate has been rehomesd the little sen is also on his way out too. 150 gal is gone.

Last week i flooded a decent portion of my basement. I was able to save the carpet but had tp have the padding replaced. I fell asleep with the baby while filling the 75 gal. To make matters worse when i woke up i totally forgot about the tank and went to pick my son up from school...ouch !!! Luckily im still married
WTF with MFK not notifying me of this thread! I just "unwatched" and re"watched" it so hopefully that will help. I only find your updates by looking down the line of new threads. Argh!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you flooded the basement but I know you've been wanting to get down to 2 tanks for a while, so I guess that is a good thing. Nigel's been asking to be rehomed for a while. I think it's just further proof that some polys just have aggressive tendencies. You really tried with him.

Man I just love your tank. Candy and your Endli are just stunners. And that vulture catfish is really beautiful. It's moving a lot but doesn't seem like a spaz attack. Happy to hear it doesn't bother the polys - must be kind of nice to have some activity in the tank outside of Hulk videobombing. ;)

How's Chewy and her boyfriend?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
WTF with MFK not notifying me of this thread! I just "unwatched" and re"watched" it so hopefully that will help. I only find your updates by looking down the line of new threads. Argh!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you flooded the basement but I know you've been wanting to get down to 2 tanks for a while, so I guess that is a good thing. Nigel's been asking to be rehomed for a while. I think it's just further proof that some polys just have aggressive tendencies. You really tried with him.

Man I just love your tank. Candy and your Endli are just stunners. And that vulture catfish is really beautiful. It's moving a lot but doesn't seem like a spaz attack. Happy to hear it doesn't bother the polys - must be kind of nice to have some activity in the tank outside of Hulk videobombing. ;)

How's Chewy and her boyfriend?

Lol i really havent been too active anyway lately just some sporadic updates.

I love the vulture too. Its starting to pick up some poly habbits like piling lol.

Chewy is in the 75 with the jag cats, porthole , spotted raph, and sen. I havent gotten around to moving the sen but its on the rehome list. Chewy boyfriend is gone too. Hows the house/move going ? Hubbu doing good ?
Wait do you still have the congi?
Woa woa woa as long as i have water in a box i'll have congicus lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store