12x8x8

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Sounds good... Wish I could throw money around like that. It was my birthday recently, and I'm spending the funds to kit out my 15 gal. My parents actually got me some sterbai cories and a nice vine piece. I tore down the tank, took off the black card background and sprayed on a proper black back...

Temporary housing in a 4gallon :)
1511281672835-1160659864.jpg

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Sounds good... Wish I could throw money around like that. It was my birthday recently, and I'm spending the funds to kit out my 15 gal. My parents actually got me some sterbai cories and a nice vine piece. I tore down the tank, took off the black card background and sprayed on a proper black back...

Temporary housing in a 4gallon :)
View attachment 1285243
My Birthday also passed recently, which is why I had so much to spend. Most of the money I have, I work for, and I'm only able to buy these expensive fish because of how often I work. Even with how often I work, it still takes me months to save for purchases like this. Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to, I don't actually have unlimited funds. With how busy I've been with school recently, I haven't been able to work as often. Purchases like this definitely won't happen as often, if I make any more at all. I'll make sure to document all of the fish thoroughly enough to give the feeling that you're experiencing them yourself :)

The 4 gallon looks really nice. I wish my 4 gallon looked good enough to even take pictures of it... It seems that the cories have already settled into the new tank. I always liked cories, but I never had an appropriate tank to keep them in. Although there may be bottom dwellers other than gobies in the What's In The Box thread...

Reactions: convict360

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I only just turned old enough to work. But unfortunately with sport, school and family there isn't time.

The 4 gal is literally just loose plants haha. Looking forward to seeing your order.

Reactions: convict360

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I only just turned old enough to work. But unfortunately with sport, school and family there isn't time.

The 4 gal is literally just loose plants haha. Looking forward to seeing your order.
Our 4 gallons are similar in the idea that they both contain loose photosynthetic organisms, but in your tank, it happens to be loose plants, and mine loose algae.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Our 4 gallons are similar in the idea that they both contain loose photosynthetic organisms, but in your tank, it happens to be loose plants, and mine loose algae.
Haha. It's only been up for a week so not much would happen in there...

Do you have green water?

I rarely struggle with algae, just brown (soft) algae on the glass, a tad of greenspot and BBA on my wood pieces. Toothbrush does magic

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Haha. It's only been up for a week so not much would happen in there...

Do you have green water?

I rarely struggle with algae, just brown (soft) algae on the glass, a tad of greenspot and BBA on my wood pieces. Toothbrush does magic
The tank doesn't have green water, but there is gsa, hair algae, and a touch of cyanobacteria. I threw in a few snails, which will hopefully eat enough algae to make a noticeable difference.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Fat Homer Fat Homer Quite a few posts back you posted pictures of your Stiphodon Annieae. Do you know how I could contact the person you bought them from? I'd like to try to get Wes to import some Stiphodon Annieae from the person you bought them from, or if not them, then possibly their supplier. If you happen to know how to contact him/her, you can pm/email Wes their contact info and mention that it's for the Stiphodon Annieae I requested if you don't feel comfortable pm'ing me their info.

I need these in my 16 gallon after seeing the pictures you posted, and at the moment, this is the best way I can think of to get them.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Fat Homer Fat Homer Quite a few posts back you posted pictures of your Stiphodon Annieae. Do you know how I could contact the person you bought them from? I'd like to try to get Wes to import some Stiphodon Annieae from the person you bought them from, or if not them, then possibly their supplier. If you happen to know how to contact him/her, you can pm/email Wes their contact info and mention that it's for the Stiphodon Annieae I requested if you don't feel comfortable pm'ing me their info.

I need these in my 16 gallon after seeing the pictures you posted, and at the moment, this is the best way I can think of to get them.
I can try asking them next time i'm out there but not sure if the guy would be willing to give me his suppliers info...

Also as a heads up, im not sure how much english these guys speak, so Wes or yourself may need to find someone who can speak Chinese to work with them :)

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I can try asking them next time i'm out there but not sure if the guy would be willing to give me his suppliers info...

Also as a heads up, im not sure how much english these guys speak, so Wes or yourself may need to find someone who can speak Chinese to work with them :)
Fun...

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Lol, well no one said it would be easy to aquire rare fish...

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store