Fix gap between stand and acrylic tank

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
This is my first acrylic tank, so I just wanted to get some suggestions. I finally have gotten the stand in the house and tank on the stand and came across this little issue. My stand was level each place I checked but noticed this gap on the far left corner when the tank was on the stand.
I know I could shim it, like you would a glass framed tank, but was thinking through the physics of it trying to see if that was the best way to handle it or not.
What do you guys typically do?
BB45122A-900C-4971-A6C9-2090B2E71ABB.jpeg

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
More than likely the stand, the tank seems true but then again so does the stand. The longest level I have is 4ft and over each 4ft section, the stand was level. I guess it takes an 8ft span to show the difference.

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
I am tearing the stand apart and slowly seeing a trend of where it went wrong. Looks like in one spot it started to twist and then developed a high point in the middle of the stand and threw the rest of it off. I built the stand with wood we had left over from another project, it wasn't perfect wood, now I am seeing the issues of that. Guess I am going to buy some new wood and build it new and hand pick the wood I want to use instead of using leftovers. lesson learned I guess!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store