ASK FIRST!!!!! (It's that simple)

Lady Sphinx

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
South Africa, Johannesburg
I got some plants from a nearby stream some kind of moss and water clover. They are doing exceptionally well with lot of new growth but after a month of quarantine I'm still not ready to plant them in my tanks, I killed quite a lot of organisms with a blast of CO2 think it was planaria or leeches not too sure, loads of pond snails too, had to remove all the water and add new water again did a bleach dip and considering a peroxide dip. Any other ideas on how to make sure these plant are parasite and other pathogen free.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Bleach dip works

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
If I don't know something I ask my son or I know I will always get the info I need in this forum

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
I quarantine, when I get things from the wild. But I only take things from heavily populated areas. That's where I got most of my ludwigia from.

Jeditaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2017
Allow me to say thank you to all in the forum for helping newcomers like me answer topics that are hard to get answers to. On the topic of wild to tank I would never try it because I am a novice.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
A couple other good plant dips, are alum (aluminum sulfate) and potassium permanganate which turns water pink.
This does not negate the need to quarantine, just helps.
The permanganate can also help remove some parasites from from fish, as a quick dip.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store