Bichirs and gouramies

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
What species of gourami could I keep with my senegal? She's currently 9 inches long and her growth has slowed down. I'm thinking of pearl gouramies because I think their red colour would compliment all the earth-tone fish in my tank.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I've kept upper jaws and Pearl Gouramis together before. I let the Gouramis into the Poly tank when they were about 4.5"-5" I never had a problem. My Albino Sen is about 7" along with a few 8"-10" Delhezi, and a couple of 8"-10" Polli. I fed them one to two times a day.

Reactions: tlindsey

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
depending on the species of giant gourami you have to be careful. some get very large and very aggressive. my local public aquarium has a few that are absolute monsters and rule a 30' asian riverine paludarium display. ill see if i can dig up some pics. i have kept gold gouramis with my delhezis with no issues. ended up losing the golds to a dat that really hated other gold fish though. have also had great luck with snakeskin and kissing gouramis. I think snakeskins get overlooked far too often because of their blander colors, but wow! they are super fun and unique fish that i would recommend to anyone who enjoys gouramis. my girlfriend keeps super powder blue dwarf gouramis and i use their tank as a growout for polys lol, grew out my ornate and hybrid congi in their until they got big enough to pose a threat to her prized tiny blue fish and they got evicted haha

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
A50738E2-4842-4706-9D4C-8BBDA4A37CE3.jpeg A470C2E9-558A-4075-8B3C-D7B815CCA709.jpeg DE4F8005-0560-4A38-A164-ED3B9DD9C93E.jpeg Here’s one of those giants from my public aquarium. Absolute monsters. They rule over everything else in their tank- mahseers, aros, pangassius cats, giant bala sharks, a giant ck, some Mekong barbs and other Asian giants. From talking to one of the keepers they sort of act as peace keepers. Super fun to watch- plus this exhibit is one of the few places I’ve found where I can drool over true Asian aros, they confiscated some from an Asian restaurant when the aquarium first opened

Reactions: magpie and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store