Monster azul from Rio das Mortes

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
I may have missed one post. Did you catch these Azul yourself in Brazil and shipped them back?
Sorry for the long reply. I've been away for quite some time.

No, unfortunately I didn't, would be a cool story to tell if I did!

Over the last few months I've befriended a few people, who managed to locate all my rare fish. Who bring a lot of fish into the UK.
I got offered these bass, on the off chance. They would of been for the dinner table if not. As I'd stated, I wanted some large wild azul.

The bass them self wasn't expensive, it was the shipping that cost the most.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Sorry for the long reply. I've been away for quite some time.

No, unfortunately I didn't, would be a cool story to tell if I did!

Over the last few months I've befriended a few people, who managed to locate all my rare fish. Who bring a lot of fish into the UK.
I got offered these bass, on the off chance. They would of been for the dinner table if not. As I'd stated, I wanted some large wild azul.

The bass them self wasn't expensive, it was the shipping that cost the most.
Dinner table : o !? What the hell? I see pictures of this all the time and shake my head. People don't understand that the chemicals that we use in the aquarium are not for fish intended for human consumption.

I'm glad you saved them. Now how about some updates photos.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Dinner table : o !? What the hell? I see pictures of this all the time and shake my head. People don't understand that the chemicals that we use in the aquarium are not for fish intended for human consumption.

I'm glad you saved them. Now how about some updates photos.
I'll get some up over the next few days.
Have a good Christmas

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Sounds like they were caught on hook and line.

Reactions: Rpul

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Starting to bulk up slowly. They seem to be very stream line fish, compared to your usual bass. They eat tones aswell. I've managed to recently get them on to cichlid gold pellets (thank god). Which is helping with the colouring a lot.

IMG_5607.JPG

Reactions: Tony A.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Nice looking bass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store