Help ID Turtle

fisheb

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2013
OH
Thanks for everyone in IDing this turtle. The original is no longer available but I found another, which leads me to a follow up question. Has anyone had any experience in keeping a pink belly sideneck turtle with large large fish (Jaguar, Oscar, Peacock Bass) all well over 12" inches? This turtle is around 5-6". I could see the turtle going after the fish or the fish bullying the turtle or everyone coexisting. Thanks again to the experts at MFK.

fisheb

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2013
OH
Thanks for everyone in IDing this turtle. The original is no longer available but I found another, which leads me to a follow up question. Has anyone had any experience in keeping a pink belly sideneck turtle with large fish (Jaguar, Oscar, Peacock Bass) all well over 12" inches? This turtle is around 5-6". I could see the turtle going after the fish or the fish bullying the turtle or everyone coexisting. Thanks again to the experts at MFK.

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I kept a misisipi map turtle with large
featherfin catfish, Bala sharks and clown loaches. The clown loaches and Bala sharks were around 2-3 inches, I kept him with a Betta at one point and they were fine. I then sold him and got a musk turtle, he killed 8 tiger barbs in one night. It really depends on the turtle. Some turtles won’t touch tetras and some will take chuncks out of oscars. I would test him with smaller fish in a seperate tank to see.

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
I have a snapper (my profile pic) that is a complete pacifist Ive kept him with many large and small fish some on purpose and some not but he is pretty good as long as he is feed well. like said by Bertie07 it depends on the turtle them self but with all that said never put a turtle in with anything you are not willing to see get ripped into tiny bits and crash the tank.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store