amazon frog bit failure

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I am having a lot of trouble keeping amazog frogbit alive and healthy my problen is that the leaves keep going under the surface of the water and rotting I havr turned down the flow from the filter but still the same any advice ?

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
water parameters are good ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0.5 fish 2 leopard bush fish they don't seem interested being carnivore's using an aquael led plant light.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
I am having a lot of trouble keeping amazog frogbit alive and healthy my problen is that the leaves keep going under the surface of the water and rotting I havr turned down the flow from the filter but still the same any advice ?
If your problem is with the filter flow taking them under, try containing the floaters to a corner or any area of the surface using fishing line tied to 2 suction cups. Keep line straight just at the water surface and roots of the frogbits will keep them within that area.

Sarlindescent

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2017
Your other issue (This is a good one to have) is there aren't enough nutrients in the system. Effectively, you are currently reading 0 nitrogen. Could very well be that with your current bioload, you can only support the amount of frogbit you have minus 10% or so.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I do put a bit of seahem flourish every other day and a bit of tnc lite once a week

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store