BREAKING...HAWAII TO BE HIT BY MISSILE!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My Dad was on the city bus when the alert was sent out. Three buses pulled over and asked everyone to get off and seek shelter. He asked the driver where the shelter was and he said I don't know. He stood outside a furniture store till it opened. Took a sat on a new sofa till the coast was clear.

Happy it's over that had me nervous.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
My Dad was on the city bus when the alert was sent out. Three buses pulled over and asked everyone to get off and seek shelter. He asked the driver where the shelter was and he said I don't know. He stood outside a furniture store till it opened. Took a sat on a new sofa till the coast was clear.
Crazy local account. Wonder if we'll need proper bomb shelters with phone apps to guide you there.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Crazy local account. Wonder if we'll need proper bomb shelters with phone apps to guide you there.
There are no bomb shelters in Hawaii. So what is proper shelter? With the advancement in technology crawling under a school desk doesn't cut it anymore.
If you plan on diving into a manhole, you might want to think twice. My brother who works in public utilities said the homeless camps have been dumping their buckets of waste down the manholes. They have manhole for cables tunnels and manhole for storm drains. They started to weld shut the cable tunnel access covers.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I received the official civil defense alert on my phone about a ballistic missile warning while driving somewhere, although the sirens never fired but I did turn around and head home. It was a clear blue sky day. I wonder how many dollars of lost revenue for local businesses was generated by this event?

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Did you hear about the dude that stow away on a plane leave that morning?. The FOD found on the reef runway was him. They shut 26L which is for big plane down for several hours to pick up the body.

Wait....was it him that pushed the alert button?

Last edited:

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I received the official civil defense alert on my phone about a ballistic missile warning while driving somewhere, although the sirens never fired but I did turn around and head home. It was a clear blue sky day. I wonder how many dollars of lost revenue for local businesses was generated by this event?
I picture you like this:

I smoke two joints in time of peace and two in time of war.....Bob Marley

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
There are no bomb shelters in Hawaii. So what is proper shelter? With the advancement in technology crawling under a school desk doesn't cut it anymore.
If you plan on diving into a manhole, you might want to think twice. My brother who works in public utilities said the homeless camps have been dumping their buckets of waste down the manholes. They have manhole for cables tunnels and manhole for storm drains. They started to weld shut the cable tunnel access covers.
That's what I mean. I have no idea what would constitute proper shelter in this day and age. If nuclear war becomes likely it seems like something Hawaii and the outermost islands would have tackle quickly.

I saw it mentioned when they showed the girls entering the manhole, I guess a lot of those spaces are oxygen starved.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
That's what I mean. I have no idea what would constitute proper shelter in this day and age. If nuclear war becomes likely it seems like something Hawaii and the outermost islands would have tackle quickly.

I saw it mentioned when they showed the girls entering the manhole, I guess a lot of those spaces are oxygen starved.
Strangely, the National Guard and Hawaii State Civil Defense are located inside Diamond Head crater. FAA air control also use to be there too. Why in the crater?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store