MMA News and Notes

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Finally got to see the GSP / Bisping fight last night that took place back in November. Man it was good seeing GSP back in the ring. And seeing him choke out that egomaniac Bisping was just added bonus!
I missed that match back then and never even looked into the outcome....no idea what is next for GSP but glad he won.
So,what do you all think of Rampage vs Sonnen on Bellator this weekend?

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I think they are both way past their prime and should not bother fighting again IMO. I always liked Rampage but some of these guys really need to just realize MMA is a young mans game and once you start knocking on 40's door you're just not the same fighter you were back in your 20's & 30's.

With that said I truly hope Rampage slams Sonnen right through the mat. Sonnon is one of a handful if fighters that I just can't stand. I was a huge fan of Evan Tanner and if you ever bought the Even Tanner documentary "Once I was a Champion" Sonnon is on there and he says a few pretty snotty things which really turned me off on him.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think they are both way past their prime and should not bother fighting again IMO. I always liked Rampage but some of these guys really need to just realize MMA is a young mans game and once you start knocking on 40's door you're just not the same fighter you were back in your 20's & 30's.

With that said I truly hope Rampage slams Sonnen right through the mat. Sonnon is one of a handful if fighters that I just can't stand. I was a huge fan of Evan Tanner and if you ever bought the Even Tanner documentary "Once I was a Champion" Sonnon is on there and he says a few pretty snotty things which really turned me off on him.
LOL,I guess it's not so bad as long as these long in the tooth guys have sense enough to fight among themselves and to stay away from the younger fighters.Heck,I wouldn't mind seeing Robbie Lawler fight the winner....seems he's been around forever and he's still taking names.
Sonnen used to annoy me but I've come to enjoy his brand of trash talking and I usually don't like trash talkers.I have not seen Tanner's video.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Check out the Tanner video when you get time. I bought my copy off ebay for about $8 it's pretty good. Shows how much of a down to earth guy Evan really was and how he started out just practicing for fights in his living room with friends and then went on to win the belt.

Speaking of guys long in the tooth. Did you see Yoel Romero's last fight from back in July where he lost to Whittaker? Yoel has always been just a total monster in the ring, probably one of the best fighters I have seen, but he's 40 yrs old now and in that last fight he absolutely ran out of gas in only the 2nd rd of the fight before losing to Whittaker. I'm wondering if he's about done, or is he gonna see how much longer he can go in his career.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's another one that I'll have to check out.

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Check out the Tanner video when you get time. I bought my copy off ebay for about $8 it's pretty good. Shows how much of a down to earth guy Evan really was and how he started out just practicing for fights in his living room with friends and then went on to win the belt.

Speaking of guys long in the tooth. Did you see Yoel Romero's last fight from back in July where he lost to Whittaker? Yoel has always been just a total monster in the ring, probably one of the best fighters I have seen, but he's 40 yrs old now and in that last fight he absolutely ran out of gas in only the 2nd rd of the fight before losing to Whittaker. I'm wondering if he's about done, or is he gonna see how much longer he can go in his career.
Romero has just been announced as Luke Rockholds opponent for ufc 221 for the interim belt. Whittaker had to pull out due to what sounds like could be a very serious series of injuries. No announcement yet on what’s actually wrong with him but I don’t sound good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store