Scary fish that bite?

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
I had a 5" Convict pop me on the finger while I was hand feeding some frozen bloodworms, it drew a drop or 2 of blood, but the most shocking part was the impact that he hit my finger with. Packed a real punch

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
I was at sunshine pets yesterday and this cool German guy showed me his peacock mantis shrimp. Awesome. It would really hurt to be wacked by that thing. He was the only person I've ever met in person that even knew what the word "cavitation" meant, much less understand the complicated parts of it. He said that thing has crushed super thick clams like you wouldn't believe.

Reactions: justarn

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Elongatus a guy had scared me the most. What I've personally owned that tops the cake has to be my old dovii. I still have the scars from him, but I tell you what a had a little suvatti puffer I feared just much. I had the bright idea to hand feed and it was like having your finger split by razor sharp toe nail clippers

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I totally fear my hairy puffer. So cute yet to watch it feed.... very scary

Here is my little monster mid yawn.

The little guy has zero fear.
So cool. I've been looking for one for awhile.

Reactions: DMD123

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My 15" hoplias curupira was the worst fish I've had with regards to cleaning. He'd attack the siphon and actually put gouges into it. I shudder to think what that would do to a hand.

Beautiful fish, I'm keeping hands clear there!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store