Monster Shrimp Keeper

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Beautiful! I may start a venture with better neos soon, bees are a bit above my paygrade :)

Those are a fancy CRS if I'm not mistaken?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Very nice! I agree that nano shrimp setups are lots of fun, I started one not long ago as well and my shrimp multiplied their numbers by 5 in a month or two. Did you buy this setup as a kit or piece it together?

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Beautiful! I may start a venture with better neos soon, bees are a bit above my paygrade :)

Those are a fancy CRS if I'm not mistaken?
Basically. If normal CRS is a Mercedes, PRL is a Ferrari. Unlike CRS, these will never throw golden bees, CBS, and anything like that. Plus, the depth and vibrancy of their coloration trumps your average CRS tenfold. That's why you rarely, if ever, see SSS grade PRL.

Very nice! I agree that nano shrimp setups are lots of fun, I started one not long ago as well and my shrimp multiplied their numbers by 5 in a month or two. Did you buy this setup as a kit or piece it together?
This is just a stock Eheim Aquastyle 4g. I have a 15g setup next door that I'm setting up soon. 60-70 shrimp in a 4g is getting a little crowded lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Pretty cool! Any shrimp like that in my country are under the counter smuggles, pretty much guaranteed. Very fancy :)

What do you do for water and substrate and such? People here go straight RO with shrimp salts and special substrates for fancy neos and any bees/crystals. I just use tap for my neos :oops:

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Basically. If normal CRS is a Mercedes, PRL is a Ferrari. Unlike CRS, these will never throw golden bees, CBS, and anything like that. Plus, the depth and vibrancy of their coloration trumps your average CRS tenfold. That's why you rarely, if ever, see SSS grade PRL.

This is just a stock Eheim Aquastyle 4g. I have a 15g setup next door that I'm setting up soon. 60-70 shrimp in a 4g is getting a little crowded lol
I can imagine that would get crowded! My tank is also a 4 gallon, an aquatop setup. I have about 25-30 shrimp and when I feed them, the whole bottom looks like it is crawling. Quite interesting to watch. I bet the shrimp will enjoy the upgrade.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Very nice. I saw my first shrimp tank a few weeks ago, which piqued my interest. I may consider this route myself one day.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
shookONES shookONES those are really cool shrimp! I bet they’re a bit more finicky than my RCS. Haha. As in: I bet they'd not form a colony in a canister filter. How do you keep them happy & healthy? What's your water change regimen, what do you feed etc? Also: Did you start with that many, or have they already reproduced for you?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
HarleyK HarleyK down here we call RCS bathtub babies, they can breed anywhere. Even in a bathtub! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store