Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
I love cactus and all things horticultural! Is that saguaro yours? My prickly pear is in a foot of snow and green as ever. Its probably the hardiest plant I've ever seen.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
No unfortunately I live in an apartment,but I love cacti as well,have u seen the blue columnar cacti varieties or desert surprise kalanchoe?

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
You should see kalanchoe synsepala, the leaves are really cool. One plant I'd really like to get the seeds for is a Himalayan blue poppy. Looks like a huge blue hibiscus!! My amorphophallus konjac is going to be a true sight to behold though next time it blooms even if it does smell of rotting flesh two miles awayo_O:D

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Cool Thyroyalgeek Thyroyalgeek there are a number of awesome plants out there such as :blue sago palm,red feather and wax seal palm,night runner habiscus,bat plant, black desert rose,glory lily and many more! What r some of your favorites?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
LOL....don't give in Jaws!

Holy crap man my kids are litary hitting ever single nerve....i guess its withdrawl or whatever but man even the baby is annoying me.

I dont wanna go back man. 17 days is an accomplishment lol
It's all in your head. I used to drink like I was a drunk. I have not had any in 15 years, no desire. Didn't go through any treatment...just stopped.
The 1st week or so i was fine i actually told my wife if i knew it was this easy i would have quit a long time ago. I had some small urges but nothing too bad.

The past few days are the complete opposite. Seriously want one bad. Feel like crap too i thought i was supposed to feel better or something but this juat sucks. I gained 10 lbs too

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
Cool Thyroyalgeek Thyroyalgeek there are a number of awesome plants out there such as :blue sago palm,red feather and wax seal palm,night runner habiscus,bat plant, black desert rose,glory lily and many more! What r some of your favorites?
Well, my huernia is definitely cool I'm typing beside an aristolochia, an asarum, and a mother of thousands, as well as some rare orchids as I'm typing this. Do you know what happens when you go up to a horticultural expert at a the nc botanic center and ask: do you know anything about the conditioning of arisaema triphyllums seeds after their fruitescence has died? Sometimes I say stuff like that just for kicks, but most of the time its because I'm genuinely wondering about the topic, and they don't really seem to like it when a kid knows as much as a horticulturist:p. I actually am almost done conditioning my arisaema seeds and am VERY excited to see if they wIll germinate the following spring! My favorite plants are the real oddballs. I am currently really wanting an amorphophallus titanum (already mentioned my konjac;)), but don't have the space. Other than that I'm really interested in carnivorous stuff like marsh pitchers, and sundews. If you want a real cool plant, drosera glanduligera is awesome! I'm looking for one currently but they're pretty rare.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Disadvantage of hot African weather is that you really struggle to sleep. Bad stuff for a new year at school I tell you.

On plant stuff, I have a collection of succulents and a bucket of cacti outside. It literally grew a bucket full, roots came out of the bottom even. I collect trimmings here and there for my succulents but as of late have been more focused on my aquarium plants. Of which I have quite a list!
Cryptocoryne willsii
Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia
Cryptocoryne spiralis
Cryptocoryne wendtii "brown"
Cryptocoryne wendtii "green"
Elodea
Microsorum standard
Microsorum sp "needle"
Mircrosorum sp "trident"
Anubias sp "small"
Anubias sp "nana"
Anubias sp "spear"