Angelfish Eggs!

Icedcoldmine

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hello, I finally decided to take my angelfish eggs out after the (6th failed attempt), and I have them in a container in the main tank.

Questions:

- The current is high and its tumbling the eggs a lot.... is too much current a bad thing?
- I dont have M. Blue to prevent egg fungus, can I use pimafix? If not what's a better option?
- When they start becomming wrigglers can I feed Hikari Baby Fish food stuff or do I have to use brine shirmp

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello, I finally decided to take my angelfish eggs out after the (6th failed attempt), and I have them in a container in the main tank.

Questions:

- The current is high and its tumbling the eggs a lot.... is too much current a bad thing?
- I dont have M. Blue to prevent egg fungus, can I use pimafix? If not what's a better option?
- When they start becomming wrigglers can I feed Hikari Baby Fish food stuff or do I have to use brine shirmp

You don't want the current to where the eggs are hitting the walls of the container and yes the Hikari first bites can be offered.

Reactions: Adictd2Fsh

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
I have used hikari first bites for convict fry and green texas fry, they love that stuff. Angel fish dont like fast moving water there fry probably wont either.

Reactions: tlindsey

Icedcoldmine

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2017
Most of them are at the wriggle stage and I'm having more deaths for some reason, how can I prevent them from turning white?

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
From my experience with discus is you need real soft water for the eggs to be successful. Angel fish like the same kind of soft water and pH no higher than 6.8. Not sure but I think water needs to be fairly close to perfect. I know with discus it had to be pretty dang good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store