Silver Tier Gourami Swami, Distinguished Contributor

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
He helped me a lot with both of my aquariums.
Had it not been for him I would have had a betta with neon Tetras.
He made me feel welcome on this site. And I have seen many other threads where he helps others.
This is done off my phone so I cannot put a link. But if you look at my threads you will see he has helped me in almost all the threads :D

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Hopefully you get the award/badge :D

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Silver awards are held to an extremely high standard. You're going to have to do a lot of homework to get this pushed through. Gourami Swami Gourami Swami has certainly been around long enough to meet the time requirements, but one who nominates is required to provide sufficient evidence to support the issuing of this exceptional award.

I only bring this up to maintain the integrity of the process for issuing silver and gold level awards, in no way is this meant as voicing an opinion against Gourami Swami.

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
How long of a time do I have to get all of the evidence? And what kind of evidence do you want? Also can you give me an amount of posts of his you want where he helped someone... But most of all what kind of evidence. Thanks :)

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I second this.

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
How long of a time do I have to get all of the evidence? And what kind of evidence do you want? Also can you give me an amount of posts of his you want where he helped someone... But most of all what kind of evidence. Thanks :)
Posts which provide an example of the real and substantial benefit to the site that GS has made in order to warrant the silver level award.

For example, I got my silver award for my writings and original research on ATF, dorados, goonch catfish, the many stickies I have on the site for ease-of-use of the site, my contribution through the migration after the site crashed, my managing the POTM program more or less since 2013 (maybe 2012, I don't even remember anymore), my creation from scratch, to include the award emblems themselves, of this awards program.

Gr8KarmaSF Gr8KarmaSF got his silver for being an old school admin who has worked day in and day out for this site for a decade, his writings throughout the page, and especially for his influence on the website by being our social media manager, which has made a direct contribution of a 40% increase in this site's original new traffic after the post-migration traffic crash. He single-handedly restored the site's activity level to nearly that of pre-migration levels.

By nominating someone for silver, this is the level of contribution that you're comparing them to. In order to have it pushed, you'll have to prove that they deserve it. How you go about doing that is up to you.

Reactions: RD. and Hendre

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Posts which provide an example of the real and substantial benefit to the site that GS has made in order to warrant the silver level award.

For example, I got my silver award for my writings and original research on ATF, dorados, goonch catfish, the many stickies I have on the site for ease-of-use of the site, my contribution through the migration after the site crashed, my managing the POTM program more or less since 2013 (maybe 2012, I don't even remember anymore), my creation from scratch, to include the award emblems themselves, of this awards program.

Gr8KarmaSF Gr8KarmaSF got his silver for being an old school admin who has worked day in and day out for this site for a decade, his writings throughout the page, and especially for his influence on the website by being our social media manager, which has made a direct contribution of a 40% increase in this site's original new traffic after the post-migration traffic crash. He single-handedly restored the site's activity level to nearly that of pre-migration levels.

By nominating someone for silver, this is the level of contribution that you're comparing them to. In order to have it pushed, you'll have to prove that they deserve it. How you go about doing that is up to you.

Ok well first off I am using the phone so I canNOT put links. Now, he has been a member for 12 years... He has helped an uncountable amount of people on this site. I personally was going to leave and never return until he started to talk and actually help me. Most people give you a yes or no answer but he gives a reason and then try's to help come up with a solution. Example: I wanted to get butterfly fish to keep with neons. He said no and then gave a reason why and what I should do instead. He has helped people figure out what their fish was sick with and how to cure it. He is very noligible in most fish and areas. He has never once from what I have seen given anyone any wrong advice. I mean a couple of times I wasn't very happy but it was the truth such as with the butterfly fish. He has Messages: 3,238; Likes Received: 1,628
And to get a like you have to give good advice or say something that people agree with or like.

And if I have to I will make a thread asking for a poll if he should get this reward or not and I can garuntee that every or most will be yes.

If I have to take a long shot I would say he has probably helped you and every person on here that is often on. He knows about fish he has never owned and even does a little studying for others. He has been in the fish keeping hobby for more years than a ton of the people on this site.
And as you pointed out that the other guy helped with this site and helped bring people...
I only found this site while looking up things about my Arowana and I found a post by him that I wanted to reply to and ask questions about but had to make an account so that is how I came to this site and I am sure many others have done before.

I mean I don't know what else to say...
I would think he deserves a gold award but the requirements seem to be way to hard so I decided that I would go with the silver. He definitely does NOT deserve the bronze because he is way to helpful and useful to this site.

Now please give him the award he has worked so hard for. :) :D

Also can I just thank you :D

David Out XD

Reactions: J. H.

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
I just checked.
He has more likes than you do
And has been on this site longer than you have so my guess is he has helped you before and has made you feel welcome on this site

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
First and foremost, I do NOT disagree with you.

However, awards on this site are not a popularity contest, polls and "likes" are absolutely irrelvant to whether or not they're issued. I have also created awards that are automatically issued for likes recieved and posts made. You have a couple. There are members with gold awards who have only a few hundred posts. There MUST be substantive data to back up a claim in order to prevent the awards from becoming a popularity contest. There's no wiggle on this.

A prime example of this is my relatively low "likes" count. I've got almost 10,000 posts... less than 1000 of which have come since I stopped being particularly active in December 2013. The "like" system was only implemented in June or July of 2015. Does this mean my contribution to this site is somehow lessened because I have a relatively low "like" count?

You MUST substantiate your nomination. My job is the guardian of the integrity of this system. If you truly believe in Gourami Swami, then the burden falls on you and the others who agree with you to back it up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store