02-2018 rare fish datnoids, murray, peacock bass, tigrinus

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
All the fish below are first come first serve., once gone I do not know when more will become available. Many of the wild fish are only seasonal, its not like I can just order them from a local wholesaler. They depend on fisherman, local weather and shipping availability.

If I didn't list the fish that means I don't have them, if you're genuinely interested in something, please email me separately. If I hear enough interest in the fish I will start looking for them.

Doras micropeus
This is a giant growing up to 15" in the wild - turns green, peaceful. These are only exported from Suriname at this time., rather rare and super cool
2" $45.00 have 3 this size

Sisor rhabdophorus - head like a mini goonch, with long streamer like tail, and bone structures like a skeleton. super rare, the last time I imported these was over 12 years ago and never seen another one again. these are eating frozen blood worm and shrimp. $100.00 each.

Glyptothorax sp. Mini bagarius/hill stream loach like fish. can reach 6" size., loves the current, and these also have been in captivity, eating blood worms and frozen brine these are about 2.5" right now $35.00 each only a few available.

Bagarius yarelli 4-5" $125.00 each
eating cut fish/smelt x 1 only

Pseudauchenipterus nodosus - cocosoda catfish - they're eating pellets already, so no worry about them not eating. 3" $65.00 each can reach 12-14" , frequents fresh to brackish water, easy to keep. Rare in the hobby. Wild from Suriname.

Brachyplatystoma tigrinum 2" babies, eating cut shrimp $125.00 each
4" $175.00 each

Leiobagrus marginatus - crazy head catfish they call in China, they have tiny eyes, swim aimlessly with their over sized head and tiny body. can reach about 10" max. very unusual looking fish. 4" $75.00 each

Silurus meriodonalis - albino. these are true giants of China, can reach up to 5 feet, can live with other fish. will eat smaller dogs or pets. can tolerate temperature from freezing over to tropical water. 14" $600.00 only 2 pieces.
The wels Silurus glanis is now banned from export, so these are the closest you'll get to a wels, and in my opinion these are nicer and rarer. Only 3 pieces available.

Barbs / Cyprinids

Spinibarbus denticulatus 7-8" well grown, thick and nice $125.00 each. These will color up soon and turn bright green with red face and stripe on the side if properly raised. One of the prettiest giant barbs, can grow to 18" or so.

Ptychidio jordani - 5-8" the fish with a hook at the end of the mouth and barbels, the most bizarre.
looking barb and rare! $150.00 each easy to keep, and peaceful, max size around 12"

Tor sinensis - a Chinese masheer! 3" big, will eat anything. If you collect masheers, its a must have $55.00 each

Acrossocheilus kreyenbergii -4" super rare Acrossocheilus sp. with pink body and red tail, and black band. will each 8" or so, seems to be peaceful with other fish so far. $75.00 each
these have never been imported before.

Catlocarpio siamensis - captive bred 4" specimens. These are the most delicate with in the world. they're most peaceful and non aggressive. will not harm a fly. and will not be able to compete for food. They would do great to clean the sand and bottom of a tank. but they can grow and reach 300 plus pounds in the wild. Its endangered in the wild, but luckily farms are breeding them $55.00 each

Tor putitora 5" $125.00 each The giant masheers of the Himalayan foothill, that can reach 4 feet with bright yellow fins and golden scales that rival that of an Asian arowana.

Perch like fish

Datnioides campbelli - true New Guinea datnoid - super thick and healthy.
6-7" size $175.00 each Very limited quantity

All these are pure freshwater, can be trained to eat prepared, but takes patience.

Siniperca chuatsi 6" thick body size $100.00 each just arrived, good condition

Siniperca knerii - big eye siniperca. This fish can reach 12" or so, looks almost just like chuatsi, but not as aggressive, not as big or predatory. beautiful green lines over gold body and yellowish tail. 4" $100.00 each

Maccullochella peelii - murray cod. 5" $115.00 each
These are captive bred animals. I went to the farm to see them myself, took pictures of some that were about 50 pounds each. they're like true giant freshwater groupers! these are growing fast and eating pellets!

Loaches

Leptobotia micropthalmus - tiny eye loach, max size 4" and these are around 3" big now, they range from orange to pink to brown. Probably live on the bottom of the muddy Yangtze river, with little use of their eyes. We have found a couple albinos in the past. $45.00 each.

Sinibotia pulchra, and robusta, these are active loaches, green zebra like pattern, max size around 6", can tolerate cold water. will eat anything $25.00 each

Homatula potanini 3-4" can grow to 6"
brown ones $15.00 each
pied ones $45.00 each
gold ones / albino / leucistic $75.00 each only a few
these are active swimmers, constantly looking for food, easy to keep. reddish tail, brown body with some black spots. super cool

Characins

the real Dorado True Salminus brasiliensis 5" babies, eating cut fish and training to eat pellets. these have the big round head and will turn bright gold, just arrived with my Argentina plecos, the real deal. Different than the Brazillian imported ones with the pointy face and get less yellow. these are like goliaths of the dorado with a huge mouth that is pretty obvious, don't miss out. $120.00 each, discount for 5 or more

Rare Pencil fish galore

Leporinus granti - strawberry pencil fish. They get maze like pattern with red fins and blotches on the body. 3" $75.00 each

Leporinus gossei - these are similar to L. grandti, with less color, and grows to about 8-10" size, and can handle piranhas and large cichlids. Limited quantity of these available $45.00 each
Wild from Suriname

Parodon guyanensis - 3" size these are like characidium in behavior, peaceful with other fish, likes to hover in current hopping from rock to rock. Like a swift water leporinus. Very rare in the hobby, they're pretty hardy and will eat anything. $35.00 each

If you guys are interested in started an amazon river tank with different types of Leporinus., which comes in all different sizes, colors and shapes. Let me know and we can work on this project with you.

Super rare silver dollar from Suriname
Myloplus rhomboidalis - with black dorsal and silver anal fin 4" body very limited numbers $125.00 each.

Hydrocynus vittatus 4.5-5" $115.00 each super thick and well started.
great looking, red eyes, red tail, black stripes, easy to keep.

Hydrocynus goliath. 4" $135.00 each. These are the largest growing tiger fish, needs no further description., the largest predator patrolling the Congo River. The season coming to an end soon

Suriname giants - these are not the more available ones from Colombia/Venezuelan type

Hoplias aimara 4" $450.00 only 2 pieces

Ancient fish

Propterus aethiopicus network lung fish 4" $65.00
14" $125.00 each

Albino propterus aethiopicus 16" thick boy, like a puppy $850.00
perfect in everyway!

Gymnostus sp. "Argentina" 6" eating cut fish. nice tiger patterned knife fish . $65.00 each

Farlowella paraguayensis 6" $25.00 each wild from Paraguay / Argentina

Plecos

Hemiancistrus medianus - French Guyana
super rare and nice brightly patterned. They can reach 14" max size., full of spikes at that size
2" $75.00 each
4" $125.00 each
10" $350.00 each

Pseudacanthicus serratus
7" male $350.00
these are the blackest of all matter and fish, and thorniest/ spikiest of all creatures. Its so black that if you have a black background, you are guaranteed not to see them. They can reach 16" in the wild, if you want one that size please let me know. If you want females or larger breeding group, let me know and we can work out something for next shipment, possibly. These are the hottest plecos in Asia right now.

Hypostomus luteus - not albino, but nature's wonder with solid yellow bright pleco that grows to 20". These fish range from 13-16". also their colors only go one way, turn more yellow, I have not heard of any turning back to more black. I am the largest importer of these in the world right now.

Some people who keep them, they actually turn orange with red fins. They can tolerate a wide range of water, from near freezing to tropical summers. and will eat pellets or clean tank. They do not attack rays or suck on other fish.

Phase 1 dark brow with some hints of yellow on fins - $380.00 each, have 1pieces
Phase 2 solid black with yellow spots, and solid yellow fins, tail $450.00
Phase 2.5 at least quarter to half yellow with black head $850.00
Phase 3 mostly yellow, 80-90%, with maybe some gray on the head or spots on body $1000

Cichlids

Acaricthys heckeli albino 2" $25.00 each. These were just new a year or so ago. Albino threadfin geophagus. the males will display a big hump, and lips that turn red, and still sport blue spots on the fins.

Heros severus "Super red severum" half dollar size, bright red color $28.00 each

Geophagus argyrostictus 3" captive bred specimens $30.00 each

Danakilia sp. "Shukoray 2" babes. eating anything. super cool from the country called Eritrea. Most of you I bet didn't know that this was a country. $28.00 each

Cichla kelberi " captive bred bahia super gold" 4" size $38.00 each.

Cichla intermedia 3" size $125.00 each

Pterophyllum altum "True altum angels" long term captive, well started, raised from 1" till now, about 4" body length eating pellets, in water of ph 7.6. $135.00 each

Oddballs

Tetradon mbu 3.5" $115.00 each

These are the largest freshwater puffers, can reach 30" in total length. pure freshwater from Congo. They are also peaceful, I've seen them kept with Congo tetras and other small fish with no issues. They will eat snails and shrimp though. I currently have a group that I keep together and there are some other fish in there with no issues.

Khulia rupestris Wild Taiwan- Black barred tail perch, you can see they keep these in freshwater tanks with Asian arowanas, can reach around 12"., super active and probably first time imported for the US hobby. 2-3" $45.00 each only a few available.

Sineoeleotris saccharae 3" gorgeous bright orange when mature males with blue eyes in both sexes, very peaceful. will eat anything. good for plant tank. can tolerate a wide range of water.
$28.00 each

Rhyacichthys aspro - loach goby, they can reach 6-7", lives and crawls up rocks and water falls. super rare, super cool. The ones I have are 2.5" or so, eating brine shrimp, chasing the current. $35.00 each. This is the first time I've successful obtained these alive, and probably the only ones offered in the USA.

Sicyopterus macrosteholepis - the true one that turns blue with red tail. I finally got them! Some exhibit the color, but not all, probably just the males. These are super cool and rare climbing gobies that get super colors. 2-3" range can grow to 5" size. $35.00 each

Rhinogobius sp. "red lips" 2" size, an undescribed species. these are wild fish, I should be able to find you pairs, but only a few available $50.00 a pair.

C. boesemani - 1.25" these are clean white with panda like blocthes on their bodies, super cute and nice. Rare in the hobby and new. $75.00 each

We also have access to some of the first captive bred potamotrygon boesemani in the USA. AAA quality high end black diamonds and some wild boesemani rays as well. Can be arranged to be shipped and sold to legal states only. Serious inquiries only

Shipping via fedex overnight to your door, starting around $65.00. For larger fish or larger shipments will be done via air cargo.

Payments via paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com

Live arrival guaranteed. All doa or issues must be reported immediately after receiving the fish. Now with modern technology like live streams, cell phones, photos can be obtained, immediately. If the fish is left out in the snow or sun and suffers, its no longer the seller's responsibility. We have over 15 years of shipping fish and great reviews. I'm very reasonable, but if you screw me over I will never sell fish to you again.

Heatpacks will be used this time of the year where needed.

Email me at amazonaq@gmail.com separately if you can with the fish you want in the subject, so its easier for me to keep track of you and your order

In this thread are some new and some old pictures, of some fish we have now and some from our collecting trips.

P7305720.jpg IMG_5965.JPG IMG_6207.jpg IMG_6678.JPG IMG_6681.jpg PB058716.JPG PB078774.JPG IMG_9188.jpg PA309347.jpg IMG_0610.jpg

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
fugupuff fugupuff can you get this sp again? Doras micropeus ?

Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
nice rhom ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store