Need help! Input on Dorado ID........

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
We all need motivation. You and your armatus got me years ago....Jibs Tors and pond.....

What do you call a Silver Dorado?
A Chevy Silverado

Yes, my wrist watch theory hold true. The color of your watch dictates your fish selection.
Had a Silver Submariner (Trevally).....Yellow Grand Diver (Dorado).....latest watch from Xmas is a Red Venom (next fish).
So for your little 7 dwarfs, I'm guessing you're sporting a Disney watch? haha j/k.

Good luck with your new fishes.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Man that video is intriguing. I'm really curious to see what comes of these growouts.
C'mon Rob!?!?! I want to know your initial thoughts!!!!

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Man that video is intriguing. I'm really curious to see what comes of these growouts.
C'mon Rob!?!?! I want to know your initial thoughts!!!!
I'm inclined to agree that it's at least plausible that these could grow up to be some sort of dorado. Which of the two silver species they may be, I'm not yet sure. These guys just don't look right for any Brycon that I've seen; but it's possible that they could be a rare Brycon, too.

Do they have a filamentous caudal point?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Very interesting to note about the selection of watch correlation with selection of fish... hmm
That's all Ken..... lmao.

I still don't know where I stand - I couldn't wear a watch if I wanted to. I fix cars for a living. Wearing a watch would mean wearing a watch shaped scar after I arc myself out.....

I thought that maybe since I usually have a silver tool of some sort in my hand that Silver Dorado would be fitting, but then Ken says since I'm after dwarf Dorado I must have a disney watch?!?!? Dwarfs aren't my thing, and the whole snow white phase had to end so I could get a real job.... I do like minions though, which would be yellow like my favorite rays..... SO maybe I do have the wrong Dorado. Maybe my silver Dorado need some gold Dorado chasing them around? :)

Regardless, I need to get some size on these things before I can do anything with them. They attack whatever I feed, but they seem to do it for fun, mouth full of food, few laps, then usually spit it out..... lol.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Lol points taken, I personally wear a gmt2 black bezel and Panerai rettrapante also silver on black... which is probably why I’m such a big fan of gatt/armatus/aimara or whatever silvery/black/grey with teeth... lol if I had a gold AP with dark blue bezel, maybe I’d still be rocking a 24k full helm blue base Asian aro. Haha

Reactions: moe214

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
This is some bull shibby!?!?!?!

I want a watch now. :( Everyone else has one...... :(

Would probably help if I actually cared what time it is. I KNOW what time it is.... Time for a waterchange for the fish, time for drink for the guy doing the water change.

Drinks are good. MMMMMMkay!?!? Oh looky there - look what time it is.....

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

Reactions: moe214 and kno4te

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

zoomed.com