What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
Paratheraps Rio Coatzacoalcos pair
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Clifton, NJ
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Pickup
Description:
View attachment 1301085 View attachment 1301086 A74F89C3-D680-41CB-8B0B-AA103F3679B0.jpeg16” male, 12” female. Haven’t spawned yet but with some TLC very likely. Approximately 4 years old. Breaking down 155 gallon tank in prep for mold remediation asap. Not planning to set up the tank again.
These fish go in and out of breeding coloration. They are siblings. Grew from fry spawned from Paratheraps Rio Coatzacoalcos purchased at a NJAS auction several years ago when Rusty Wessel spoke at a club meeting and brought a bag of young fish that he donated for auction. I purchased them; ended up with two proven breeding pairs, and these fish are from one of the spawns.

Photos: please try to overlook the water quality, etc. My daughter added water to the tank recently as I have been out with pneumonia and not home. In the process she shut off the sump filter by turning off the light switch that runs it. I discovered this today. Fed the fish....tank looks awful, today. Lucky any of the fish are alive....tank is heavily stocked.

Photos: male; center photo is the female (she is about 12”, larger than photo appearance), another photo of the maleView attachment 1301085 View attachment 1301086 A74F89C3-D680-41CB-8B0B-AA103F3679B0.jpeg . They change coloration but not spawning so far. Female has protective space in this tank; would be essential in a new home.....otherwise you’ll lose the female.​
Shipping method:
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

67443D34-4084-4704-8C74-DDA170F358C1.jpeg 04960F32-F0E7-448C-88BF-CBB0CC63779D.jpeg

Paratheraps

Feeder Fish
Feb 19, 2018
Joan- there are people in your original thread already looking for information
Hello Unstoppable JayD.
I appreciate your help. Saw one reply (this afternoon) and texted that individual. If there are more inquiries I am unaware of them. I am not used to being so “dense”.....not helpful to anyone.
I’m hoping to be able to muddle through and let a knowledgeable fish keeper give the pair a new “forever” home. Thank you again, Joan

Fiat4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi,please call me if you have them,I'm in Yonkers so not to far,,can pick up,,,914-469-2538

Paratheraps

Feeder Fish
Feb 19, 2018
Hi,please call me if you have them,I'm in Yonkers so not to far,,can pick up,,,914-469-2538
Hello Luis,
Young fish keeper has agreed to purchase them. He is coming to my house shortly and may purchase the 155 gallon bow front tank too....said he would take all away today.

But....he has no experience with these fish (he is reasonably familiar with the hobby....several tanks, breeding some fish, etc.). I must remove the tank for remediation of mold on the stand, carpet under the tank, etc.. Can’t do this until big fish are gone

You are welcome to call if you believe your case to own the fish trumps his. I have told him that I advertised the fish but have not heard from anyone nor have I checked the site for responses....so that’s what I’m doing now (nothing like the last minute,).

I had posted “free fish tanks and fish stuff” on Craigslist. Had not posted the large tank, but he saw it, wants it, and wants the fish. So that’s where it stands. They are not promised to anyone yet.

Paratheraps

Feeder Fish
Feb 19, 2018
interested in the pair. if availble please contact me.
908-380-6130
Hello Manny.
I just called you. 5:15 pm Monday. Potential buyer who saw the 155 gallon tank they are in offered to buy the tank, take all the “free fish” (a hodgepodge of assorted fish, leleupi, sun eupterus, yo-yo loaches, saratherodon steindachneri, etc., and wants to buy the Paratheraps pair at the price posted. They are not promised to him at this time,but he is here so when you get this. Joan M.

Fiat4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
Let me know if he didn't take the fish,,I'm in yonkers,so it' a drive but I would take the trip,, I been in the hobby for over 18 years,,keeping monster fish,, I currently keep monster fish in my collection,, and tons of African cichilids and others,,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store