Wood fizzes when sprayed with hydrogen peroxide

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The good thing about bleach is that it evaporates quickly when exposed to air, and as it oxidizes organic material is used up.
Vinegar does leave a slight acidic residual, that will eventually leach into the water (albeit harmless in small doses)

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
The good thing about bleach is that it evaporates quickly when exposed to air, and as it oxidizes organic material is used up.
Vinegar does leave a slight acidic residual, that will eventually leach into the water (albeit harmless in small doses)
Good to know... I plan on spraying vinegar and washing the heck out of this wood

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
I use vinegar on rocks AFTER washing it with peroxide.
Peroxide kills most of the bacteria or germs on the rock and then I go through with vinegar to check for lime or something
Lol forgot what I look for but if the vinegar fizzes then that rock can't be used

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Peroxide kills most of the bacteria or germs on the rock and then I go through with vinegar to check for lime or something
Lol forgot what I look for but if the vinegar fizzes then that rock can't be used
Sounds good..yup if the rick
Yup if the "rick" fizzes you should be very careful

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store