EBJD x Platinum Jack Dempsey Attempt

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Jack is looking handsome as ever. How are the fry doing from his other batch? Did he and mom do good with their portion?

I wonder just how many JDs you got ATM. And how many tanks up and running.

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
45FE1E98-371D-43B5-A672-F4E1E1DAFA6D.jpeg Thanks Jexnell!
Mom is still w some fry, they are doing well. Lights are out now, I’ll try to update this weekend. This is a pic from last week.

I have 9 tanks running. I have a few dozen adults, few dozen juvis and a buttload of fry :)

Kailash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2015
I'm going to see if I can pair an EBJD with a Platinum.

My Platinum JDs are large enough that they could start to breed, so I took Jexnell's EBJD and put it in the tank with my Platinums. Crossing fingers, b/c the platinums are quite a bit smaller than the male EBJD.

He's chasing them all around, but I am seeing the female Platinums starting to spar a bit, so I think that his presence is getting them in the mood.

View attachment 1300852 View attachment 1300853

I was unaware that anything besides EB's and tratitional jacks existed. I am now one with the people

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
YankeeJack, i hope you the best trying to get that combination to work. I've been inspired to get back into the hobby, seeing you're post on allthingsjackdempsey to MFk's. You've came a long ways and you also helped me out greatly. I thank you so much for that! I've tried two of my main EBJD's and it was a bust. I do have a Female plat i'd like you give a shot in a similar project. You're plats are amazing with quality and dedication playing a strong role in that. Please do keep us updated!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store