MBU puffer with WC Moba Frontosas

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Cool. Crazy stocking, beautiful fish and tank.
How big is that tank? Do you have issues with your stock? People say Leleupi will maul Calvus and that Fronts will eat Leleupi and Cyps, and that Mbu will chew up everything.
Is that an Astatotilapia latifascita that I see in the upper center of the first picture?
There are also fish in there that I can't recognize. Baby Tropheous and ophthalmotilapia?
Can you post more pics and a stock list please?

MBLAQUATICS

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2018
Thank you.. stock list.
10- WC Moba Frontosas
1- MBU puffer 7"
2- Black Congo Calvis (wc)
2- Gold Head Compressicep
3- Benthochromis tricoti (wc)
8- Leleupi
8- Cyprichromis
3- Nasutus
1- Golden sexafaciatious Kipili (wc)
Current tank is 96x24x30
Building as we speak a 98x40x36.5 (Will be up and running in 2 months )
No issues at all... just keep everyone fed well!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
At 7" I wouldn't expect much if any issues from a young Mbu in a comm tank, but things can and most likely will change as he matures & gains size. Some of those fish will most likely become late night snacks.

MBLAQUATICS

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2018
I have three friends with MBU's in community tanks all over 18" with absolutely no issues at all. They have no interest in eating fish. Have you ever owned a mbu puffer?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yes Mike, I have, not long term though, and he flew solo. I have seen mbu do well in comm tanks, but never long term with fish as small as some of the species that you have in that tank. Are your friends keeping theirs with similar species as yours?

A buddy in town had to remove his mbu at I think 13-14", due to aggression issues, with fish that were close to his size, some much larger. I guess one never knows when individual personalities come into play.

BTW - Mbu puffers are one of my all time favorite fish in this hobby, so please don't take my comments the wrong way. You are welcome to disagree with my personal thoughts. lol

MBLAQUATICS

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2018
Yes Mike, I have, not long term though, and he flew solo. I have seen mbu do well in comm tanks, but never long term with fish as small as some of the species that you have in that tank. Are your friends keeping theirs with similar species as yours?

A buddy in town had to remove his mbu at I think 13-14", due to aggression issues, with fish that were close to his size, some much larger. I guess one never knows when individual personalities come into play.

BTW - Mbu puffers are one of my all time favorite fish in this hobby, so please don't take my comments the wrong way. You are welcome to disagree with my personal thoughts. lol
I have to agree personality is the biggest factor... two of the tanks are set up exactly as mins the other is more of a planted tank with smaller fish. I had a 4" yellow tang in my 500 gallon SPS tank who tried to kill anything that moved. It just depends on the fish..

025-1.jpg 2013-07-08 14.08.26-1.jpeg

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store