Largest vatf in captivity

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
And that perch in the picture is super rare.. I can't even find another picture of him
How long have you had those silver scats in freshwater?
I've had them only about 2 months .. I bought them on a impulse buy from a guy that brought them into the fish store while I was there but he said he had them in freshwater .. I'm trying this for myself because I learn everything first hand.. I've read everything from success stories to people saying it doesn't work. People say disease will get them or their swim bladder will be messed up eventually .. I do have pretty hard water here and I add aquarium salt but not enough to make it brackish ..

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
If I see signs of them stressing I'll trade them in to my store here and they have tiger scats but they are small .. i kinda like these scats

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
And that perch in the picture is super rare.. I can't even find another picture of him

I've had them only about 2 months .. I bought them on a impulse buy from a guy that brought them into the fish store while I was there but he said he had them in freshwater .. I'm trying this for myself because I learn everything first hand.. I've read everything from success stories to people saying it doesn't work. People say disease will get them or their swim bladder will be messed up eventually .. I do have pretty hard water here and I add aquarium salt but not enough to make it brackish ..
Nice,I've always liked silvers.I'll try them in a dedicated brackish setting some day.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
How big is your tatf now? What's the tank size? Dimensions?
Guessing its probably close to half the width of the pond its in.... 4 wide by almost 20' long around 30" deep. Built as a temp pond when we moved but haven't figured out what to do for the long run yet....

newyorkmfk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2015
I'm not sure how big the guys tank is but he said the fish got that size in 1 year .. He also has my army that was getting to crazy in my tank and it has to.be over "20 now ... those two fish probably fight like crazy

Bro that’s Jerry’s tank. And that was my army that I sold him lol. You know that wasn’t yours buddy. His Tank is 7x4x2.5 for who asked.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store