What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

RocketGarStar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I had some of those stupid GlowFish when I was little, and one, the bright yellow one (also my favorite), started to bloat very slowly every day. I was getting worried but I was about 9 and didn't know what to do, so I just kept a close eye on him. After about 3 or 4 days, I came to the tank after school to watch my favorite GlowFish swimming erratically, then explode from his stomach. It must have been some sort of swim bladder issue. I was 9, and that scarred me. Oof.

Reactions: SfirtenK

RocketGarStar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I had some of those stupid GlowFish when I was little, and one, the bright yellow one (also my favorite), started to bloat very slowly every day. I was getting worried but I was about 9 and didn't know what to do, so I just kept a close eye on him. After about 3 or 4 days, I came to the tank after school to watch my favorite GlowFish swimming erratically, then explode from his stomach. It must have been some sort of swim bladder issue. I was 9, and that scarred me. Oof.

ygwilliam

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2017
California
Well my dad decided to put an entire bottle of hydrogen peroxide into his tank. Basically the tank was having issues with bacterial blooms due to over feeding and I told my dad we just needed to do water changes for a couple of days and let it clear up on it’s own but he didn’t want to wait. He read that you could put hydrogen peroxide into a tank and that it wouldn’t affect the fish... well that was a bunch of bogus. All of the fish in the tank pretty much burned and died. My moms favorite fish, all of my breeding guppies, and three expensive little electric blue balloon rams all died because their gills pretty much burned. He later found out that he had put to much in the tank. I was really mad but looking at the bright side I now get to try something new with the tank so I guess there is an upside to my situation.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
People only usually spray a bit of peroxide on the algae that's targeted, otherwise you remove all the fish and out more in. Oops :eek:

Reactions: SfirtenK

RocketGarStar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
Ann Arbor, Michigan
My prized show quality rosetail betta jumped from the 29 gallon cube into the 75 gallon predator tank while I was getting something for the water change (both tanks were open). When I came downstairs with the bucket, my hujeta gar was nice and fat, with the tail of the betta hanging out of his mouth.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
I had a few small blind cave tetras in a newly set up cave biotope tank, and the filter I had bout didn't come with a grate to cover the intake (thank you That Fish Place:wall:).
The next morning I found one of the BCTs that had been sucked into the filter intake tube and minced by the impeller.
There were pieces of the poor little guy all over the tank.

Needless to say that I now ALWAYS put some kind of grate over all my filter intakes:(.
I was thinking, window screen on mine. I have molly fry (2 weeks old) in a small pond (maybe 4 gallons) outside, no aeriation/ filter.

They seem to thrive, lol they are found in roadside ditches, here.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I was thinking, window screen on mine. I have molly fry (2 weeks old) in a small pond (maybe 4 gallons) outside, no aeriation/ filter.

They seem to thrive, lol they are found in roadside ditches, here.
Put a window screen on a kiddy pool, and take advantage of the weather.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store