Need to setup a temporary tank for FH

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I work with a rescue which is expecting an 11" Flowerhorn in and I need to provide it's care until it goes to it's new home. I have no experience with cichlids my primary focus is oddball predators and plecos. I have a 75 gallon bare bottom commercial tank that I plan to put him in by himself that I will be putting a seeded sponge filter in. What is the ideal temp to keep him at? Our water is around 7.2 ph do I need to add some crushed coral or is it fine? I feed my predators shredded tilapia and different sinking carnivore and sinking cichlid pellets would this work for the flowerhorn? Is there anything else I should know?

cichlidmonger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Terra
I work with a rescue which is expecting an 11" Flowerhorn in and I need to provide it's care until it goes to it's new home. I have no experience with cichlids my primary focus is oddball predators and plecos. I have a 75 gallon bare bottom commercial tank that I plan to put him in by himself that I will be putting a seeded sponge filter in. What is the ideal temp to keep him at? Our water is around 7.2 ph do I need to add some crushed coral or is it fine? I feed my predators shredded tilapia and different sinking carnivore and sinking cichlid pellets would this work for the flowerhorn? Is there anything else I should know?
A sponge filter will not be enough for an adult flowerhorn. My flowerhorns tore chunks out of sponge filters and ate them. I don't use sponge filters with them anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store